Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • SSEC Forest of Dean
  • KungFuPanda
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how to enter please? Maybe I'm being a bit dim but the pre entry has confused me. I'm not entirely without a sense of humour but I dont really get the whole 'cheese' thing and does it mean if the organisers dont split their sides at your ten word phrase does that mean you cant enter?

kfp

clubber
    Free Member

You've probably missed the boat with this.

1. You told them you wanted to enter and come up with a witty phrase

2. If they liked your phrase they sent you the details on how to actually get your entry in. That was a few weeks back though…

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

I am sure Sheldon will be along shortly (or when he is sober) to let you know if there are any places left or a waiting-list.

Whats not to "get" about cheese? Goes great with crackers and easy to eat while drinking beer….

SSP

postierich
    Free Member

The cheese things is a load of phish an excuse not to drink, what ever you do dont beg to get in!
    They need your dollar

Rich 😉

singlespeedstu

You wouldn't want an entry anyway.

I hear the organisers are a bunch of nichemongering attentionwhores.

charliedontsurf

And don't call it a race. Think of it as a big ridey party of cheese and beer rudely interupted with a brief Interlude of what has been referred to as "competative substitute" and possibly marketed as "I can't bleive it's a race"

I also hear entry is closed to Brits now but don't let that stop you having a go.

clubber
    Free Member

Well it's really a festival with a race but one that hopefully lacks the unfortunate levels of seriousness and grumpiness seen at some races.

Or maybe I just have to work harder at my studied "I don't care" attitude 😉

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

hopefully lacks the unfortunate levels of seriousness and grumpiness seen at some races.

I hear that they are promising 20% less cock-end content than other races in 2010.

SSP

clubber
    Free Member

I was expecting more like 25 to 35.5% less. 20% is pretty much just within standard deviation for bike events… Hmmm… More cheese and fewer beards required I think.

sheldona
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me how to enter please? Maybe I'm being a bit dim but the pre entry has confused me. I'm not entirely without a sense of humour but I dont really get the whole 'cheese' thing and does it mean if the organisers dont split their sides at your ten word phrase does that mean you cant enter?
    Basically its our party so we will do what we want :)we're putting in the long hours organising all the stuff that needs to be done.

On a serious note we are totally over subscribed by more than 100 people so we've increased the places and sent out over 300 invites with another 70 odd on a reserve list. We will more than likely send some more invites out at the end of Jan, so registration isn't closed by any means.

As for cheese, if you don't bring any on the Friday night you won't be getting in to the party:-)

I hear that they are promising 20% less cock-end content than other races in 2010.

100% less because anyone who is trying too hard or turns up with a turbo trainer will be shot.

clubber
    Free Member

How about rollers? I can't race unless I'm properly warmed up 😉

singlespeedstu

clubber – Premier Member

How about rollers? I can't race unless I'm properly warmed up

I'm sure all those that post a good time in the night before roller race for pole position will get their reward.

clubber
    Free Member

Lol. Guess I'll just have to hit the epo.

I hope that ss specific beards will be classified as trying too hard 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

No beard no ride!

There will be a special start line for the 'racers'

clubber
    Free Member

Cool. That's the front row on the grid, right 😉

I'll get a doctors note about the beard 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

You go for that spot mate! And aren't you a dr?

tazzymtb

can you put the racers at the back, make them have a couple cans of cheap fizzy larger and have to do a lemans style start on space hoppers to the bikes?

actually thinking about it, that sound like a right laugh…..can we all start like that please 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

We'll see what we can do! I like your thoughts:-)

tazzymtb

ayatolla- please don't encourage me…..it'll end in tears and quite possibly A&E 😆

clubber
    Free Member

Well I'll take the dr title if you say so 😉 Mind you LVIS actually does have two proper official a d everything doctors on board. Came in useful at the bikefest last year unfortunately.

I like the idea of space hoppers though 😆

sheldona
    Free Member

Dear Mr. space hoppers,

Can I order 300 or so space hoppers so we can do a le mans style mtb event on them?
    Oh and can we get your best price please as the budget is tighter than a ducks arris?
    If it helps we're trying for the worlds biggest cheese board/party we could tweek this to make it happen on the wee orange fellas?

Many thanks

The Kinghts of Niche

clubber
    Free Member

Perfect. How could he say no?

clubber
    Free Member
    tazzymtb

bring your own space hopper as well as cheese? we could have a drunken hopapaluza where the first one to 500 hops gets pole positon!! 😀

clubber
    Free Member

YES!

tazzymtb

please bear in mind that I'm really a shy soul who's comming on my own and I'll be sitting queitly in a corner at the SSEC10, so I'm getting all the daft ideas in now 😉

alecangus
    Free Member

please bear in mind that I'm really a shy soul who's comming on my own and I'll be sitting queitly in a corner at the SSEC10, so I'm getting all the daft ideas in now

Plenty of whisky in our tent, come and say hi. I'll be the wee ginger kid in the kilt..

tazzymtb

Plenty of whisky in our tent, come and say hi. I'll be the wee ginger kid in the kilt..

and that's why I love mountian bikers 😀

igm

I think Rothan racing for grown-ups (may actually be scarce at the event) sounds like a good idea.

eg the "zero speeds at the single speeds"

clubber
    Free Member

Ditto, feel free to drop in on the LVIS marquee….

oldgit
    Free Member

**** me I'm getting old.
    Anyone trying to hard will be shot! Does that include trying too hard with your bike?

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘SSEC Forest of Dean’ is closed to new replies.