Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)
  • SSEC 2010 Weekend
  • father
    Free Member

Came away from SSEC early on Sunday so missed the last of the social rides.

Just a big thank you to the Knights of Niche for a wonderful event weekend. To go the extra mile and provide ideal weather along with a great course and a proper fun atmosphere, liberally sprinkled with Europeans was a master stroke.

D0NK

Fantastic weekend, gorgeous weather, superb singletrack, excellent atmosphere. Just a really good laugh. Was sorry to miss Dr Jon today but had to get back, lawnmower was so good dunno how much better that trail could be…?
    Big thanks to Sheldon and the knights for arranging and everyone there for making it so much fun.

EDIT just waiting for someone to post pics now.

gil_

Dalby's "Pink Crew" all home safely 🙂

Thanks for an excellent event Kights, excellent course and really good atmosphere, what more could you want 😀

MrAgreeable

That was a great weekend! I hope the Knights are going to be organising more events there in the future. Lovely weather, course was tough but fun, nutty Belgians gave everyone beer, more great singletrack than you can shake a stick at, and lovely ale at the beer stop.

One bit of the weekend that I maybe wasn't feeling was the bloke at the prizegiving wrecking his perfectly good frame with a hacksaw. They should have given it to the girl who won Gil's cracked frame in the raffle, she doesn't actually have an MTB and was just borrowing one for the weekend.

MrAgreeable

Oh and I seem to have come away with lots of left-over crackers and cheese, plus a titanium Spork. Email in my profile if it's yours.

ski
    Free Member

Any pics yet?

flashes
    Free Member

Absolutely cracking. I stayed for todays rides, just got back tired and happy. Brilliant organisation, except veggies like to eat in the morning (what no eggs………………)

tazzymtb

top event, lovely weather and monster hangovers. A Big thank you to the knights of niche and all the silly buggers that went to play in the woods. It was my first single speed event and it's put me right off all the more serious race/event stuff. Now all I need to do is get a beer belly and I can fit right in 😀

hopster
    Free Member

loads of pics but having family time. will post tomorrow.

TheSwede
    Free Member
    stumpynya12
    Free Member

A massive massive "Yarkshire" thanks to the K of N, top blokes BRILLIANT weekend and well managed. New niche to be formed ? a race sorry, ride weekend for ex SS management crews? It was nice meeting your mum Sheldon :wink:& see you all in wales. Top job well done. Cheers Stumpy.

Blackhound

Thanks to all for a great weekend and also to the weather gods. I have tagged a bunch of photo's 'ESSC2010' on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/12617230@N03/sets/72157623758799813/

Bring on Belgium 2011….

trail_rat
    Free Member

"the belgian bar is open !"

and "otri du otri du " – which is apparently something to do with see you later allegator" …

My alarm clock for the 2 days from those crazy belgians – they know how to party !

slugwash
    Free Member

markenduro
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend, thanks to all for organising and thanks to Mandy for guiding us back from the pub today. Now at home feeling very knackered and sunburnt.

qwerty
    Free Member

i feel like i've been run over by a stampeding herd of wild whore 😯

A GREAT WEEKEND!!!

CheesybeanZ

well hello Sweedie ………

CheesybeanZ

the swede misunderstood the invite to come camping for the weekend 😳

flashes
    Free Member

It wasn't a dream I'm in picture 3 of Blackhound's pics

epicyclo

Some pics:

Riders

Prizegiving

Bike Toss

Help yourself to anything you want for personal use.

I've included dud photos on the basis that if it's the only photo of you at an event, it's better than no photo at all 🙂

nunuboogie
    Free Member

My first singlespeed event looking forward to many more, well done Sheldon, well worth all the hard work!

trail_rat
    Free Member

who wants an on-one ?

i seem to have come home with an extra bike … its yellow with surly forks and has a racenumber attatched – if the owner doesnt come for it by the end of the week ill auction it off for cookies !

K

What a great weekend!

Good to see people I haven't seen for a while.

Still think I could have done with a bit more suspension.

CaptainTangfastic
    Free Member

Top weekend. Thanks Sheldon and K of N
    …Oh and I'm still waiting for the chillies 2nd appearance 😕

sheldona
    Free Member

**** off the lot of you! You shagged up our quiet weekend away 🙂

Oh and thanks soooooo much from all of us for making it special!
    Ps that's it we've retired, may see you all soon at other events although loom out for nichfest!

tazzymtb

knights of niche race team did I hear you mutter drunkenly last night 😆

mick_r

Thanks Knights (and most importantly Dames) of Niche.

Tippety top weekend and come away with the usual smattering of new friends. Real shame I had to head for home once we reached the pub but the stand in guide did a fine job of showing us the Dr singletrack.

Spiedo is hugely jealous he didn't come to sunny UK – the italian Cremona 24 got cancelled after 12 hours due to torrential rain bogfest 🙂

Mick & Alison

flashes
    Free Member

If the On One is SS and 16 or 18", I do………..

mafu26
    Free Member

Had a crackin weekend. First ss event, loved every bit of it!

Highlights were:
    -freindly people
    -quality of trails
    -beer and cheese
    -beer and cheese
    -bike throwing
    -crazy europeans!

defo going to belgium next year. i'm giggling at the thought of it.

igm

Excellent weekend (though I'd swear some people were treying on Saturday's ride).

My wife is insisting we go to Belgium (I think she means all of us).

Nice one Knights.

(Bet it's more relaxed in Sheldon's house next week)

pjt201
    Free Member

couldn't agree more with all the comments above. What a wicked weekend, weather couldn't have been better, cheers to the belgians for the free bar – helped me to win the fifteen g cranks i think…

leggyblonde
    Free Member

what a great weekend! thanks sheldon et al

btw, does anyone want to buy some pace RC41s and a surly chainring? great condition 😆

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ah leggyblonde you must be phil with the fecked pace stantion then …..oops !

slugwash
    Free Member

Crikey! Is it just me or is anyone else passing pale, creamy coloured stools a couple of days on from Friday's mega cheese chomping fest? 😯

nunuboogie
    Free Member

mmmmmmmmm cheeese!

sheldona
    Free Member

🙂 wow, thanks i've no words left!

Massive thanks to everybody who left the campsite, it is tidied than we found it!

Hotel is happy, just had the debrief etc.

Still got dome numbers to sort out but be proud of the fact that you lot drank 134 gallons of local ale:-) plus what ever lagers etc

mafu26
    Free Member

Crikey! Is it just me or is anyone else passing pale, creamy coloured stools a couple of days on from Friday's mega cheese chomping fest?

yup! stank too! excellent combonation of still organic cider, belgian beer and 3 heaped plates of cheese. i think it was sweating the cheese out of my skin in my sleeping bag too. brilliant.

Bedds
    Free Member

Yep.. as above, cracking weekend, really enjoyed the 'race'

Cracking work on organising everything Sheldon.. great job all round, and Mrs Sheldon and Sheldon's mum and dad were absolute stars!!

😉

D0NK

Eating your own body weight in cheese one night then significant quantities of swine flesh and beer the next can wreak havoc on the strongest of stomachs 😯

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Great event, top job Sheldon and gang.

Loved the course, proper hard work and much longer than I was expecting.
    See you all at SSUK I hope!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘SSEC 2010 Weekend’ is closed to new replies.