Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • SSE rugby ad & orangutan – anyone know why?
  • rascal
    Free Member

I once heard they were the most energy efficient primate.
    It’s the only reason I can see why SSE would use one for their ads…unless I’m being a dumbass.
    Anyone have another theory?

chewkw
    Free Member

Nope. I don’t understand that either or see the connection.

As far as I know the jungle men (Orangutans) in my hometown don’t play or know about rugby … 😮

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There’s no orangutans in Newcastle. You fail the cricket test mate.

ads678

No idea what it’s about but my kids shout “GRANDAD” every time they see it. Again no idea why but it’s funny!!

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    There’s no orangutans in Newcastle. You fail the cricket test mate.

Yes, there might be one … me.

As for cricket I am still trying to understand the rules but I do watch them from time to time in order to help me sleep on the sofa … 😀

mikey74
    Free Member

It may be an environmental thing: Making the statement that SSE care about protecting the environment (the Orangutang being a symbol of the environment).

It’s tenuous, but the only thing I could think of.

legend
    Free Member

It’s from their normal adverts…. which I also don’t understand

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

As for cricket I am still trying to understand the rules

Well you definitely fail the cricket test in that case. The cricket test btw was devised by a right-wing anti-immigration Tory politician – precisely the sort of politician you like Chewwy.

I hear that at this year’s Tory Party Conference they are toying with the idea of deporting foreigners who don’t understand cricket.

A sensible and admirable proposal imo.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A spokesperson for SSE said: “Our previous adverts have shown Maya exploring our world and taking a fresh look at energy through new eyes. She is now doing so again, experiencing the energy and atmosphere of rugby crowds.

Which is bizarre considering orangutans attitude to crowds.

It is said that if you want to torture a human being place him in solitary confinement, if you want to torture a orangutan invite him to a dinner party.

Orangutans yearn for a life of solitude.

nickdavies

Chewkw, rules of cricket for the uninitiated:

chewkw
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member

As for cricket I am still trying to understand the rules

Well you definitely fail the cricket test in that case. The cricket test btw was devised by a right-wing anti-immigration Tory politician – precisely the sort of politician you like Chewwy.[/quote]

See! I learn something everyday. 😀

Ya, they can devise as many tests as they want coz without Merica there is no UK. Fact!

You need to call Merica daddy! It’s a role reversal innit.

I hear that at this year’s Tory Party Conference they are toying with the idea of deporting foreigners who don’t understand cricket.

A sensible and admirable proposal imo.

Ya, indeed it’s sensible to deport all of them that don’t understand this commonly played Asian street game. Also by the time they deport all of them, they will find out those left are of Asians and Caribbean descents. You are owned! 😆

nickdavies – Member
    Chewkw, rules of cricket for the uninitiated:

Nice poster with me mate the Grim reaper … 😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

I just assumed SSE were representing all Rugby players, and watchers, and the game, as ungainly ginger slow moving and seemingly an endangered species destined for extinction…

I’m not the only one thinking that am I?

sheeps

That cricket rules picture brings back memories… My dad had one as a tea towel.

Oh and the sse ad… Apparently to do with the environment. We love orangutans, so don’t hate us for selling you environment screwing energy!

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s so that we will talk about it a lot on forums.

BoardinBob

I think you’re over thinking this

I’m fairly certain meerkats don’t have much to do with insurance

legend
    Free Member

pfft, people were getting Compare the Market and Compare the Meerkat mixed up – hence the link! Don’t think anyone’s been trying to buy electricity from the Orangutan…

slimjim78
    Free Member

Glad you posted this OP a it was doing my head in somewhat.

Stupid pointless bloody monkey. I hate monkeys.

I suppose Clyde was kinda cool.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All the Orange fella needs to do now is either get, or be the getter of, a Tango Slap or Drink Umbongo..

I’m still going with the extinction route though.

maccruiskeen

I just assumed SSE were representing all Rugby players, and watchers, and the game, as ungainly ginger slow moving and seemingly an endangered species destined for extinction…

hilldodger
    Free Member

…I’m not the only one thinking that am I?

Nope, I was thinking it was a reference to the slightly under evolved players and watchers of thugby as well 😆

ourmaninthenorth

Stupid pointless bloody monkey. I hate monkeys.

Orangutans definitely aren’t monkeys.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘SSE rugby ad & orangutan – anyone know why?’ is closed to new replies.