Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • SSCX Euro Champs in Brighton Roll Call
  • TimP
    Free Member

So anyone else on here doing it?

Have definitely bitten off more than I can chew with this but aiming for anything but DNF or DFL. Been on one off road ride on my SSCX (a whole mile in the woods), probably need to do a few more

TiRed

In. On the monstercross, unless I can be bothered to SS my race bike.

nedrapier

Yup. SSed the Peregrine a little while ago. Couple of false starts with the gearing, but I reckon we’re close enough now. Can’t quite remember how steep Stanmer Park is, though!

TimP
    Free Member

Its all flat or downhill

theotherjonv

Its all flat or downhill

i must have gone round in the wrong direction every time i’ve been

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I can tell you that the climb used in the London League is just doable in 36:15 if you really smash it out of the saddle and love a hill.

wwaswas

I’ll probably be along to heckle.

On my singlespeed notCX bike:

pictonroad

probably in for the fun ride on the Saturday. I ‘might’ bring the kids to heckle encourage on Sunday if it’s sunny.

Paceman
    Free Member

I’m away that weekend unfortunately, otherwise i’d definitely be along to heckle TimP 😉

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I heard a rumour that on social media they are looking for people to help out/marshall and stuff, has anyone got an email addy as i dont do soicail media but a wekend in Brighton helping out sounds like fun

(my email is in profile if anyone is reading this)

DrP

Will see what sort of wife-pass I can get for it..would be really keen to race TBH, but we’ll see…

DrP

nedrapier

Ron – here’s the non-social media “web” “site”

http://www.sscxeu17.com/info

CONTACT
    If you need to get in touch please send a mail to sam@singularcycles.com

ronjeremy
    Free Member

t’interweb

it’ll never catch on

john_l
    Free Member

Marshalls/helpers would be most welcome – email Sam or me (email in profile).

I can tell you that the climb used in the London League is just doable in 36:15 if you really smash it out of the saddle and love a hill.

imagine if you then turned left & kept on going up into the woods ;o)

It’s going to be a great weekend – ride out on Saturday over the downs to the pub, beers & pizza at an ace bar in central Brighton on Sataurday night & then the main event at Stanmer on Sunday- we’ll have street food, coffee & a bar, serving rather good local craft beers & Belgium’s finest.

Entry at http://www.sscxeu17.com/entries

TimP
    Free Member

No 1 nedrapier??

wwaswas

There’s a strava route up for the Saturday ride out.

I took the dog out for a recce.

TimP
    Free Member

Sh1t. Even Ziggy looks worried

I looked at the route but couldn’t work out which way round it went on my phone. Up or down Summer Down? Went down Summer Down on Friday in the dark and got cramp in my hands because I was braking so hard 🙁

wwaswas

Think the SDW bit is on the return leg looking at the order of the Strava segments.

I turned left down the permissive bridleway at the point that pic was taken. He stopped looking so worried.

john_l
    Free Member

It’s my Strava route. Which bit’s Summer Down? 🙂

Basically start at Rule 5 & head up through the golf course to the top corner of Stanmer, Keymer Post, Pycombe, then anti-clockwise from there, pausing at the Shepherd & Dog for chips & their winter beer festival.

Been scoping the race course this morning at Stanmer. We wanted rooty, twisty singletrack as well as fast open ‘cross stuff, yes?

Could do with a few more marshalls/helpers for Sunday if anyone fancies lending a hand & isn’t racing. email in profile.

muggomagic

I’ll be around from 11 on Sunday (after our regular Sunday Stanmer ride) I’d be happy to help in some way if need be.

vdubber67
    Free Member

So it’s a ‘Euro Champs’, but “don’t you dare warm up on rollers”? It’s either a bike race or it’s not.

Racing your bike but pretending you’re not is just dumb.

Yes, I know, if I don’t like it, don’t spoil it for others 🙂

nedrapier

Apparently so, Tim. I’m assuming other riders will recognise my greatness from this and follow me round, ensuring the no. 1 stays in its rightful place.

Race pace will be Steady. I have decreed this.

So the rollers aren’t really necessary, vdubber.

nedrapier

wwaswas, Ziggy does look very serious. Like he’s really trying to make sure we fully comprehend the gravity of the situation.

Is he quite a serious dog generally, or is it really very muddy indeed?

wwaswas

he looks serious in the one I took today as well and he was in no danger of wading through mud.

I’ll tell him to lighten up a bit.

John – what times do you need people between?

john_l
    Free Member

7ish-9/10ish would be really good, to help set-up the course & then marshalling until around 12.30/1.

wwaswas

Ta, I’ll check – may be able to help.

pictonroad

Might be worth sticking a note on the Brighton MTB facebook page if you’re short of volunteers.

TimP
    Free Member

If the marshals could hang around till about 2pm till I finish it would be greatly appreciated. I will get lost otherwise

lock
    Free Member

I’m trying to work out a game plan , so how far from the start is the finish / pub
    I’m thinking of driving down sat ,riding ,going to the pub then sleeping in me van ready for Sunday

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Anybody going down from the Midlands who fancies doing someone a favour? I’m currently selling my gryphon to a guy who lives in Brighton and is doing the event and it would save the risk of posting and stuff- beer tokens may be available!!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Double post

TimP
    Free Member

Lock
    No where in Brighton is very far from anywhere. The fondo goes through Stanmer twice on Saturday (well pretty much) and that is only a couple of miles from the pub for the evening. It is frowned upon sleeping in a van at Stanmer but there are always a few people there overnight.

TimP
    Free Member

Forecast is good for the weekend, course is up, and should be running well. The Fondo route still needs to dry in places…

john_l
    Free Member

Fondo route was interesting in places yesterday, but we’ve had fair bit of rain & as Tim says, the forecast for the weekend is good & the pub stop is the Shepherd & Dog who just happen to have their winter beer festival on & the race course is bloody brilliant, even if I do say so myself. 🙂

TimP
    Free Member

Top weekend despite being mercilessly bullied for an hour yesterday by Pictonroad, DrP, muggomagic and Timbur. At least Ziggy was nice to me

DrP

It’s not bullying – it’s motivation.

DrP

TimP
    Free Member

For future

He fell over, he fell over , he fell over…

is not motivational.

It is deeply hurtful

DrP

It’s emotionless descriptive narrative, is what it is… 😉

DrP

pictonroad

You should have tried harder then you lazy pink tramp.

TimP
    Free Member

Well at least I made it to the start line, so not that lazy.

I’ll give you ‘pink tramp’ though

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘SSCX Euro Champs in Brighton Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.