Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sriracha sauce, its an addiction
  • Pigface
    Free Member

When I was in Denver a few months back I sampled some Sriracha sauce and really liked it. I am not a hot food fiend at all but a little of this stuff seems to be good with everything.

I have seen it for sale over here but for silly money, well it is in my local Tesco for £2.50 so I grabbed a bottle, oh lord I think I am addicted.

It is a bit of a cult thing in the states and there was a lot of issues with the factory and the smell from it. That is how I initially heard of the stuff.

It has an interesting back story as well, which could be fiction but rings true to me.

Recommended by me.

steve-g
    Free Member

Costco sell it, I think it was £7 for 1.2 litres. I have been slowly working my way through the bottle

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s awesome stuff. Goes on all sorts of stuff, wife and daughter don’t like hot stuff, so I’ll make Katsu or something, chicken n noodles etc, and it all gets covered in orange gold…

I have a bottle in my desk at work too…

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve been meaning to try that, that’s the stuff they sell on keyrings as stuff for ’emergencies’ isn’t it?

Cougar

I’m a bit addicted as well.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha

Costco sell it, I think it was £7 for 1.2 litres.

How’s it compare to the Flying Goose stuff at Tesco?

Pigface
    Free Member

Ha ha nice one Cougar

isto
    Free Member

That is brill news. I brought a bottle back from America in the summer presuming you couldn’t get it here. Now I can stop using it sparingly……Sriracha with everything.

ads678

Dam, i was just in Sainsbury’s and very nearly bought some Sirracha, but went for Franks instead. Franks is also good with practically any thing though…….

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Have you seen there is a keyring bottle so you can always have it with you , and there is now a version blended with mayonnaise, good for burgers

Sundayjumper

I quite liked it at first, but decided it had a fishy aftertaste and I went right off it.

Drac

My current bottle was from AldIi cost about £2.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I quite liked it at first, but decided it had a fishy aftertaste and I went right off it.

What were you licking it off of? 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sriracha sauce, its an addiction’ is closed to new replies.