Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Sram XX chainrings
  • mattbilliard
    Free Member

I need to replace my chainrings on my 2×10 XX set up and I’m struggling to find XX rings. I only really need the inner ring.

Do I need specific xx ones or are there alternatives? if so what will fit?

Thanks

bol

X0 fit too, but you need to make sure you have the right spacing. Ask your LBS. they will be able to get you either in. I think.

monkeyboyjc

Unfortunatly, this is the downside of owning an XX or X0 chainset, the replacement chain rings star at around 100 quid a set. I don’t know anyone who does replacements yet – may be a few of us should start emailing middleburn?

mattbilliard
    Free Member

I found these that I think may fit. Going to order to see

https://secure.ukbikestore.co.uk/product/54/crm/ta-specialities-cross-10-spd-80120-bcd.html

I need them before Friday though. Fingers crossed

Matt

dreednya

Only other ones that will fit are Rotor chain rings, which do a specific set for SRAM MTB cranks, but they are no cheaper I’m afraid. I’m in the same boat and just bit the bullet and ordered the 39:26 combo, moving form 42:28 due to potential move to 650B and a dodgy back 🙂

mattbilliard
    Free Member

Just looked these up. God there are expensive. £66 for the inner!!!!!!

DT78
    Free Member

Potentially cheaper to flog the chainset as worn on ebay and buy a brand new one?!?

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

This guys a legend but hes a one-man army and orders take up to 2 months so plan ahead before you order..

HomeBrewed

jimification
    Free Member

Yeah, the availability of XX rings is terrible. Nobody seems to keep them in stock for some reason. You’ll have to hunt around but you should be able to find an inner (26t, 80mm BCD if you’re on a 26/39) or get someone to order one in. This Amazon reseller reckon they have them in stock (28T though)…

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Truvativ-Chainring-Aluminium-10spd-%C3%82%C2%A322-49/dp/B003YML6M2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341387387&sr=8-2

CRC do the pair but not single rings: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=42790

mattbillard: That seems wrong to me. The inner is comparatively reasonable (around £25) it’s just the outer that’s expensive in my experience.

The shifting is fantastic. Just a shame they seem to wear out so fast.

njee20
    Free Member

When I wanted some it was cheaper to buy the ‘XX Spider and Rings for S-Works Cranks’ which included rings, and was available on CRC, than it was to buy just an outer ring. Daft.

Quite a few brands doing them now, as said HBC, those TA ones, Carbon-Ti. There’s another brand reviewed recently on Bike Rumor too.

jimification
    Free Member

Mattbillard: Sorry, just reread that and realised you are talking about the Rotors….

Would be good to know any other places that have these in stock or any alternatives that work well. I’d also be interested to hear how much worse the shifting is with other rings (different brand). Sram’s big selling point is the X-Glide “14 points of perfect alignment” or whatever, yet the ramps and pins allow for upshifting in only 4 places as far as I can see, so I don’t understand the relevance of the 14 points.

njee20
    Free Member

14 places where, as they have done, you can draw a straight line through the rings and the teeth align perfectly. I’m not convinced of the actual benefit, but it’s why they do their 2:3 ratios, and they do shift well.

treaclesponge
    Free Member
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Sram XX chainrings’ is closed to new replies.