Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM XO 1 x 11 – Durability
  • Jungli
    Free Member

So got a new bike yesterday with the above…

Is this quite good on durability compared to 3×9 (bloody hope so given the cost of the cassettes!)

Any other tips for the SRAM XO stuff… (always used shimano before)

Cheers

J

njee20
    Free Member

Keep on top of chain replacement and you’ll be reet. I’ve done about 2000 miles on my XX1 cassette now, it’s on its 4th chain, but still works fine.

Rorschach
    Free Member

There was a long thread when xx1 came out.The 42t is aluminium and can wear before the rest of the cassette (especially if you run too large a front ring and spend a lot of the time spinning in it).Consensus seems to be regular (very) changes of chain (at of before 0.75%) will prolong its life.
    I’ve seen them go at less than 800 miles (he was a muppet though).

Jungli
    Free Member

How about the front rings?

On my first ride yesterday I did feel I was running out of gears and spent alot of time in the 32×10.. Didn’t use the 42 but imagine I might on steeper hills.

Hoping I’ll get used to a higher cadence or just rolling along. If I don’t then I’ll try and bigger front ring.

GregMay
    Free Member

As others have said, stay on top of chains and you’ll be reet.

I tend to leave the 32 on and spin faster, normally not too worried about it, but I do ride SS a lot so that probably helps.

Jungli
    Free Member

So will keep the DT clean and replace chain a little more frequently. I always used to replace them at .75 anyway.

Thanks guys..

J

njee20
    Free Member

Just replaced my chainring after the first ever drop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM XO 1 x 11 – Durability’ is closed to new replies.