Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram XD driver spares
  • tom199
    Free Member

Couple of weeks ago i was loading my bike back into the car after a night ride and knocked the rear wheel over and the XD driver and cassette fell off (stupid design). No dramas, i just pushed it back on and thought no more of it and have ridden it ever since.
    I was cleaning my bike last night and took it off again to make sure that no rubbish had got behind it and noticed that 2 of the metal tabs (technical term) were missing leaving just 2. So does anyone know if they are available to buy separately and more importantly should i ride this weekend if i cannot get them in time? It’s onto a sram Roam 40 hub.
    http://static.bikehub.co.za/forum/uploads/monthly_05_2015/ccs-62657-0-52628100-1430474472.jpg

trailhound101

Some models only have 2 palls fitted – the 2 should be 180 degrees apart. This was the case when I stripped my SRAM Roam30 wheels down. I was a bit surprised but it all seems to work just fine.

tom199
    Free Member

That’s interesting as the 2 that i have are 180 degrees apart so potentially that is all that were ever there and i didn’t lose any?

benpinnick

The Roam 40 runs (and always has AFAIK) the 4 pawl double time system.

tom199
    Free Member

Ben i have just read that on the sram website so it would appear that there should have been 4. The springs are in place in the vacant spaces so it would suggest that they were once present. i have emailed sram but i cant see these for sale separately anywhere online

benpinnick

You may not be able to get the pawls. It could be a new freehub I am afraid. X0 freehub is the one you’d need.

tom199
    Free Member

Apparently they are not available separately as spares but a customer service guy at Sram had some personally and is going to post some. Top marks for Sram there. Big thumbs up!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram XD driver spares’ is closed to new replies.