Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • sram x.0 trigger problems.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Hi all,

Couple of questions. I have got sram x.0 triggers on the bike, the rear trigger is knackered, won't shift. This is the second shifter as the first one was replaced on warranty and this appears to be a repeat of the first trigger's problem.

1) Anyone else have sram x.0 rear trigger problems? Is there a trend which will support a further warranty claim?

2) Can you make a warranty claim on a replacement part? I think yes!

Thanks in advance i'm off for a ride.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

I did, the small bearing that supports the thumb shifter collapsed, this has happened on two sets

Eventually Fishers replaced the whole unit with a new one as you can't order the part as a spare, it comes as part of the whole shifter assembly which is £££

Have a look here (page 32)

The bearing that commonly fails is NOT part 7 as Fishers will tell you, it is the bit inside the spring/ratchet assembly, the outer bearing surface fractures into several pieces. You will be able to see it if you pop it apart

Pretty sure it's a design fault as the bearing is under load when you shift but only supported by a plastic ring

donsimon
    Free Member

Cheers a warranty claim it is then.

njee20
    Free Member

2) Can you make a warranty claim on a replacement part? I think yes!

You can yes, but the warranty is not extended with the replacement. If you buy a product with a 1 year warranty and you claim after 364 days, your replacement has a warranty of 1 day, not another year technically, this is often over looked fortunately.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘sram x.0 trigger problems.’ is closed to new replies.