Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SRAM X0 lower jockey wheel – ceased after 4 rides?
  • megastream
    Free Member

just doing some preping for tomorrows ride, chain has been off soaking all week. Just come to put together and the lower jockey wheel is ceased solid in the cage. Took it out and cleaned it up (not as far as seeing bearings..) put it together but ceased when the bolt is tightened up.

The upper one moves but has resistance. Surely they don’t nee replacing after 4 rides – accept very muddy rides, but my XTR has been faultless all year!

br
    Free Member

Did you leave it to ‘fester’ after your rides?

Or wash it and then leave it wet?

Sometimes happens – just give it a jig to free it.

gazza100

Same thing happened to mine, although it took almost 3yrs. I popped the seals (be careful not to damage them), cleaned out the sh1te and freed them off, fresh grease and they are fine. The price of sram replacements are a bit salty!!!

singletrackmind

I think you mean seized ?

I have the same problems. Dismantle, clean out all the poo from around the ball bearings with your toothbrush. Re-grease and reseal. Then put a dollop of thick grease between the bearing cover and the steel cover plate.

They seem to work for a few months before needing a de gunk again

duir
    Free Member

Of course it did it’s SRAM! Have the limiter screws self loosened and been lost yet or has it just developed a lot of play or are the bearings so tight it just won’t shift properly? Maybe their quality control or testing department are better these days.

The shame of it at that price.

fbk
    Free Member

Had that with an x9 mech once but never x0 – mine tend to get jet washed and left.

If they’ve totally seized after that short a time I’d be thinking warranty claim – sram are pretty good IME

duir
    Free Member

Yes their warranty dept are very good at giving free replacements but they do take their time (4-6 weeks UK).

gee
    Free Member

Yeah that’s normal. Take it off, pry off the bearing covers with a Stanley, flush with GT85, unseize, regrease and reassemble. Has happened with every new pair of jockey wheels I’ve had.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Had this problem with my XO jockeys.

As per all the other posts, prise the seals the little bearing in the centre of the jockey, flush with degreaser until smooth then pack with decent grease.

Cartridge bearings aren’t found in the jockeys down the range, just bushings. More sensible really because apart from a bit more resistance they can’t get filled with grit and muck.

Also, I think KCNC do some alloy replacements at a much keener price than SRAM replacements.

Trimix
    Free Member

Buy some cheap ones, they dont do anything except guide the chain, so buy some that are so cheap you can bin them when they get worn / siezed up.

jd-boy
    Free Member

Sram jockeys for years have been crap, KCNC or stick with Shimano. Sram, all over priced plastic.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

have a look at pulleys on the BBB site. Well made and cheaper than original bits

xcwanabe
    Free Member

Same with my X9 and now X0s I’ve pressed out the original bears and replace them, with ones purchased from E-bay, for a few pence, then when they seize replace. Cheaper than Sram replacements or the KCNC ones

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SRAM X0 lower jockey wheel – ceased after 4 rides?’ is closed to new replies.