Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Sram set to launch X01 Eagle- 1×12 10-50t
  • cokie

Seems like in the last 24hrs there’s been a lot of hype on this.
    Now nearly all stories and images have been taken down..

rhayter

If this isn’t BS or a prank, there’s going to be some big old jumps between sprockets, aren’t there? That’s only one more sprocket…

simondbarnes

So you thought you’d put it up again to make some extra work for somebody taking it down?

wwaswas

Now nearly all stories and images have been taken down..

It won’t last long on here.

No one likes to break an embargo…

ferrals
    Free Member

that cassette makes me feel physically sick! Look at the ratio jumps, think of the weight! eeeauuck!

cokie

I thought fellow riders might be interested.
    It’s all over FB and other forums, it’s just the news articles that seem to have been removed.

rhayter

It’ll still weigh less than a Shimano XT 11=speed cassette 😉

ferrals
    Free Member

It’ll still weigh less than a Shimano XT 11=speed cassette

haha probably!

Good post in my book Cokie, interesting stuff

Northwind

rhayter – Member

If this isn’t BS or a prank, there’s going to be some big old jumps between sprockets, aren’t there? That’s only one more sprocket…

Pretty similiar to a range-expanded 10 speed setup- looks like there’s a fairly big drop down to the 50T as well so that leaves the others closer. I reckon it’ll be fine, some people like close ratios though.

Not convinced this is a good idea tbh, but it’s not really for me… Guess it depends a bit on the weight and the mech shape.

amedias
    Free Member

there’s going to be some big old jumps between sprockets

Look at the ratio jumps,

It’s one more cog, and the one below it in the pic is a 42 so the jumps are exactly the same as an 11sp 10-42, there’s just a 50t afterwards and as a % increase even the jump from 42->50 is not much different than 37/38->42

honourablegeorge

42-50 is hardly any different to the 37-72 jump currently, percentage-wise

12 soeed just allows a higher gear with a big ring at the front.

rhayter – Member
    It’ll still weigh less than a Shimano XT 11=speed cassette

Even GX is lighter.

I have a GX here on my desk, obviously it’s pinned together and not as fancy as XX1, but it’s a brilliant bit of kit.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Can’t figure out if it’s for 29ers only to preserve ground clearance, or if it’ll need 20″ wheels to generate sufficient spoke angles to clear it.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

There’ll be loads of spoke clearance with the new Boost++ 163.7mm axle spacing.

grum
    Free Member

There’ll be loads of spoke clearance with the new Boost++ 163.7mm axle spacing.

Mountain biking is getting too complicated for me!

tomhoward

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sram-1×12-group

As neither thread has been binned, I’m sticking with my shenanigans call…

otsdr
    Free Member

I’ve read about people tacoing the 42 under load, can’t imagine the 50 will hold up to the abuse…

Stevet1
    Free Member

It is a damning indictment of the MTB industry that you lot actually think this could be true.

Northwind

TBH it’s perfectly convincing- what have we had lately?

15mm- for people who want bolt through axles, but aren’t sure why, and care more about false perceptions of lightness than about stiffness
    650b- for people who’re interested in larger wheels but don’t want it to feel any different.
    Boost- for people who’re suddenly worried about stiffer wheels, but never bothered in the past to get stiff wheels (I can’t wait for the first Orange boost frame, which’ll put its Super Stiff Hub at the end of a Super Long Flexy Box Swingarm and be fitted with a Super Cheap Badly Made Flexowheel)
    Press fit BBs and 30mm spindles- well tbh nobody knows why anyone wants these.

And so on. This is considerably less daft

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Northwind – Member

15mm- for people who want bolt through axles, but aren’t sure why, and care more about false perceptions of lightness than about stiffness
    650b- for people who’re interested in larger wheels but don’t want it to feel any different.
    Boost- for people who’re suddenly worried about stiffer wheels, but never bothered in the past to get stiff wheels.

+1

I’m amazed Spesh haven’t brought out 20mm boost (yes, that’s the same 20x110mm it always was) as an own brand fork yet.

DickBarton

Awesome…price drop on 11spd stuff on the horizon!

stevied
    Free Member

embargo

Don’t they drink that stuff in the jungle?

munrobiker
    Free Member

It seems a lot of effort to go to for a hoax. Not necessarily my cup of tea but I can see some folk wanting it. They really ought to be on a double or triple though.

kimbers

Im gonna boomshank the entire mtb industry and release 15speed in 2017 😉

bearGrease

embargo

Don’t they drink that stuff in the jungle?
    No, they drink it in the Congo.

rhayter

Boost- for people who’re suddenly worried about stiffer wheels, but never bothered in the past to get stiff wheels (I can’t wait for the first Orange boost frame, which’ll put its Super Stiff Hub at the end of a Super Long Flexy Box Swingarm and be fitted with a Super Cheap Badly Made Flexowheel)

You don’t have to buy it. Until you can’t get hold of spares for last years’ stuff any more… and then you’re screwed.

wwaswas

they drink it in the Congo.

Not until March the 24th they won’t!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Too orangey for eagles.

Northwind

You’ve crossed the sodastreams there

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You don’t have to buy it. Until you can’t get hold of spares for last years’ stuff any more… and then you’re screwed.

I’ve never worried about spares, there’s always something available either NOS or 2nd hand. The only thing that seems rare is straight steerer 29er forks as they were a bit of a flash in the pan.

90% of new standards are just incompatible irrelevances though.

Remember OS handlebars/stems? That was an upgrade you could make, and a lot of people did. A PF30 frame Vs a BSA threaded frame, there’s chuff all in it and all that seems to happen is manufacturers end up making BB’s to fit them that take the same old 24mm shimano chainsets, so what shimano does/says goes. And shimano have a vested interest in not making new standards because they’d like to keep trickling down stuff from XTR to deore, to alivo, and that means that the alivo equipped BSO will have the same standards as the XTR superbike for the foreseeable future.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

X01 ‘Eagle’

Can’t see it taking off….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Sram set to launch X01 Eagle- 1×12 10-50t’ is closed to new replies.