Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram rsc lever rebuild
  • turbo1397
    Free Member

Morning folks. got a problem with my RSC lever which, after much internet browsing, definately looks like the piston inside the lever assembly is sticking. i have read you need a special tool for the job and was thinking about purchasing the below kit. Has anyone attempted to repair there own and if so, how hard is this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SRAM-Guide-RSC-Ultimate-Disc-Brake-Lever-Internals-Rebuild-Part-w-Tool-VER-G2-/222641435524?hash=item33d676b384:g:~u8AAOSwSRpZtk7e

turbo1397
    Free Member

Anyone?

strike
    Free Member

Go to the SRAM tech manual site and download the Guide tech manual – just had a look and rebuild is clearly explained. So far I’ve found SRAM tech instructions excellent, with very clear step-thru guides.

sillysilly
    Free Member

SRAM replaced the lever on my RS when this happened via Evans after more than a yr. If you have receipt worth trying to put in as a warranty replacement. If you didn’t buy new you can get the internals for a rebuild on eBay / doesn’t look that hard to replace if you have a little time / patience.

Think this is what you need: https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sram-Guide-RSC-Ultimate-Piston-Assembly-and-Return-Spring-Qty-1-/222568241236?

strike
    Free Member

As above, I also now recall there was an issue on early Guides suffering this issue (search mtbr.com), so try the warranty route if you can, but good luck on turnaround time/the parts being available.

Personally I’d just buy the kit including the tool and do it yourself.

turbo1397
    Free Member

Thanks for replies folks. didn’t buy new so no receipt unfortunately. I think i’ll buy the kit and try and fix myself – just wasn’t sure how hard/easy it was. i had loked at the instructions on the sram site.. looks a bit dawnting but i’ll give it a go.

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram rsc lever rebuild’ is closed to new replies.