Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram Rival or 105/Ultegra
  • malchales
    Free Member

ok guys,

what shall i buy? its for the Chinarillo that im building. yep the frame turned up and its fine.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If it where me I’d go for Ultegra.

njee20
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of the Double Taps myself, some folk like them. I’d have Ultegra.

Look forward to the pics, been tempted by one of those for ages!

MSP

Where do you order these Chinarillo frames from? link please.

ps I prefer shimano, but its just personal preference, both are fine.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Use Rival on my roadie, after using Ultegra previously. I don’t think I would go back to Ultegra now as I actually prefer the double tap system.

JoB
    Free Member

another vote for Shimano

not a huge fan of the Double Taps either, and my shagged old Ultegra still shifts sweeter and quieter than any brand new SRAM

cp

Ultegra, just works so well. If money is a problem, 105 works pretty much just as well.

I have mainly 105 on my road bikes.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Rival, it works great and is quite a bit lighter than ultegra and 105. Plus it looks stealthy in black.

foxyrider
    Free Member

If I had the choice rather than the cost I would go Shimano – I just got the Apex gruppo 5 months ago and the front mech is horrible. I think the 105 would be a better shifting gruppo. The double tap I find OK but obviously its not as snappy as an Ultegra setup. Once I changed my front mech to a sale Ultegra SL its been spot on and great on my Audax/Winter setp 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram Rival or 105/Ultegra’ is closed to new replies.