Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM rear derraileur hangar bolt
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Not sure how this happened but as I was installing my new SRAM GX derraileur the hangar bolt somehow came out. All the component parts seem to be OK and not damaged with no missing parts but I am struggling to put the thing back together again. It’s quite simple really, there is the bolt which you slide through the hole in the Derraileur, then there is a wave spring, the shaped watch thing that locates against your hangar and B-Screw, then a small split washer (not circlip) that locates into a small groove to hold it all together. The thing is after a good amount of trying and lots of swearing I can’t get the clip into the groove.

Anyone done this and have any handy tips or tricks? It is a sparable part so intended to be disassembled and re-assembled, but i’m damned if I can do it so far.

Cheers.

Potdog
    Free Member

I had that happen on an old X9 once. Took bloody ages but it eventually went back in, was never right though and I ended up swapping the mech. Sorry if that doesn’t really help much.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

No worries thanks Potdog. I’ve sort of given up. I’m taking it to my LBS tomorrow to see if they can do it, if not i’ll try a return to Wiggle. I’m suspecting that maybe it was not properly located in the first place so when I started rotating the bolt when screwing it into the hangar it worked itself out, so might try my luck with a warranty return. I’ve gone and ruined the thread on my hangar too because as it came apart the angle of the bolt skewed and has stripped the first couple or so threads in the hangar. Luckily I have a spare hangar.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM rear derraileur hangar bolt’ is closed to new replies.