Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM Rail 40 wheels, anyone running them?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi chaps,

Is anyone running the SRAM Rail 40 wheels? They’re standard on the Canyon Strive 8….

If so, how do you find them? Durability of the Hubs, engagement and stiffness wise?

Cheers

Ricks

honourablegeorge

Apparently replacement rims can’t be had, which may be a pain.

Friend had them had zero issues, raced them hard. Heard another chap giving out loads about them, had wrecked them.

I think they fall in the normal category – if you tend to break wheels, you’ll break them, if not you won’t.

mboy
    Free Member

Bearings are a specific size to SRAM (yes, seriously!) so spares are a nightmare to get hold of. Tubeless setup is crap as the rims are too loose a fit on most tyres.

Steer clear basically IMO!

Oh and in light of your situation, happy to help out with a Whyte/Evil/anything else I can lay my hands on at a more than helpful price mate!

mark_rich
    Free Member

My 2015 strive has roam 40’s on it, rear bearings are shot after only 6 rides!
    I would guess it’s prob same hub.

See this thread I started other day.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sram-roam-40s-play-in-bearings-after-6-rides-anyone-else-had-probs

mark_rich
    Free Member

Apart from bearing issue, they seem ok, no probs with tubeless set up.
    I get a good tune out of the spokes when I bottom out the tyre on roots/rocks and have to check there all still there but so far seem to be ok.
    They are light at 1650 ish grams a pair, but I wouldn’t buy a pair aftermarket.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Rail 40 wheels, anyone running them?’ is closed to new replies.