Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • SRAM PowerLock Issues
  • squaremonkey
    Free Member

So I decided to move to a SRAM 10 speed chain rather than Shimano, always used their 9 speed chain and liked them.

However after fitting it, the powerlock link of the chain does not run smoothly through the rear mech. The link is lubed and can move freely but it looks as though one side of the powerlock link has a much steeper edge that is catching.

I have the arrow on the link pointing in the direction of the chains movement if you are looking at the bike from the chainset side.

Anyone else had this issue or am I just being dumb?

Cheers!

druidh
    Free Member

There’s an arrow?

squaremonkey
    Free Member

Little arrow engraved on the outside of each side of the link, says the arrow should point in the direction the chain runs. However whatever way you connect the link the arrows on each side will always be pointing in opposite directions 😕

squaremonkey
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Ah aye. But assume you’re viewing it from the outside (chain side) of the bike only.
    Have you “snapped” the lock properly into place? SRAM recommend you put the link at the top and then stomp down on the pedals. It’s quite a different process from the 9-speed version. Also – the 10-speed one is not meant to be removable.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You need to give it the full beans on the cranks so it ‘snaps’ into place.

squaremonkey
    Free Member

Yeah moved it around to the top, pressure on the pedals and it clicked into place. It is a brand new link as well.

squaremonkey
    Free Member

I’ll put the hat on, sit in the corner and face the wall………..

Apologies for wasting everyone’s time. I had routed the chain slightly wrong through the rear mech.

Apologies 😳

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘SRAM PowerLock Issues’ is closed to new replies.