Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram PG990 Casette
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

I Have a PG990 Cassette and the teeth on the smallest Two cogs are beginning to wear. Rather than having to replace the whole Cassette, Is it possible to buy individual Cogs for it?

No. Unless there’s something I don’t know in which case I’m interested.

Action Tec do a cassette with a pick n mix cog system, but its all Titanium and costs.

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Thanks Dave,
    The casettes they do look really nice, but I don’t really want to buy a whole casette when i only need two cogs. I might see if there Casettes are compatible with the Sram.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

you can buy shimano cogs seperately, would they not fit?

lewismorgan
    Free Member

The Shimano ones are not compatible, Any after party companys that manufacture them?

RagTi
    Free Member

I take it all the cheap 990s have gone 😆

I have just replaced my 990 (that lasted 3 years!!) with a 980 (there is only about 20gms in it!) from ebay for £25 4 weeks ago. Noticed today they have now gone up again, considerably.

Found the below for £33 delivered which is still outstanding value, Ok it does not have the blingy red cassette holder, but there is nothing in it weight / performance wise.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SRAM-PG-980-9-Speed-Cassette-11-32-11-34-Ratio-/220610646936?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&var=&hash=item7912d1c461

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram PG990 Casette’ is closed to new replies.