Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SRAM matchmakers? I-SPEC?
  • peter1979
    Free Member

I currently have a set of Formula C1 brakes that are attached to SRAM shifters. The brakes are pretty poor and im thinking of swapping them out but they are attached to the brakes by matchmakers. If I wanted to add some Shimano brakes what can I use to attach them, or alternatively can you just add clamps to the shifters, if so where from?

Pete

z1ppy
    atlaz
    Free Member

I have some mismatch adapters you can buy if you want and can get ispec-A (or ispec as it was originally called) as they don’t work for ispec-b (which is why I have them spare). Yep, what zippy said, those.

shredder
    Free Member

Problemsolversdo a mismatch clamp which will mate Shimano to Sram.

But if the brakes are i spec B the mismatch clamp isn’t quite out. Will be released mid Feb.

If i spec A brakes the clamp on the web site will work.

They have a UK distributor cant quite remember who but email them they are very helpful.

Im waiting on the new clamps myself.

z1ppy

Ps: if you search for them, activesport come up a the cheapest.. I’d suggest doing a search on here about the shop before buying from them, & paying a couple of quid more from elsewhere

Edit: or just buy them off Atlaz 😀

atlaz
    Free Member

But if the brakes are i spec B the mismatch clamp isn’t quite out

Yep, I ended up switching to 1×10 Shimano so didn’t need to wait but likewise it’s why I have 30 euros worth of CNC’d metal in my spares box.

peter1979
    Free Member

Thanks for all the info. I think i’ll wait until mid feb for the ispec B adapters to come out and go down that route

atlaz
    Free Member

Check with Problem Solvers. A month or so ago they were unsure about whether they’d get them to Europe at that time

DT78
    Free Member

How do you know which “spec” you have? I’ve got last years xtr trail brakes I want to use on my 2013 scale which has slx brakes and shifters which are bolted together with an adaptor…

atlaz
    Free Member

Best thing is to look on the Shimano site. Most bike shops are clueless. I sent or took 3 shifters back to various places because they insisted they were i-spec B and they weren’t. Basically the ispec-B has a sort of threaded bar thing whereas the ispec-A is a square nut/bolt sort of deal. If that helps 😉

z1ppy
    alvarologos
    Free Member

Does anyone have any idea what a previous thread mentioning about activesport and Atlaz meant? I further have no clue what search criteria to use, because I got back nothing useful when using activesport + i-spec b + sram adapter.

Also it’s mid-March and there’s still no i-spec B to Sram shifter adapters available except the Matshi, which almost cost as much to ship. It does look light and simple though. I’m tempted to make my own.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SRAM matchmakers? I-SPEC?’ is closed to new replies.