Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM GXP BBs what have you replaced it with?
  • julzm
    Free Member

My SRAM GXP BB was replaced under warranty about 6 weeks ago. Last week I noticed it was starting to grind a little again. Although I had a broken spoke and a slightly baggy wheel at the time so wasn’t sure it was the BB.

Got the wheel fixed today and took the cranks off for a look at the bearings. Completely dry both of them! Now I know that they recommend that they are regressed every 40 hours but this seems ridiculous.

So, long winded way of asking, what are people replacing those with…..Chris King? hope bearing conversions? Something else? Or are you just putting up with it and regreasing regularly ?

It’s not just my bike either, OH’s bike exactly the same when we stripped it down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hope with GXP Conversion (file a small slot into one of them for easier removal.

SirHC

Hope with GXP conversion. Could of gone with shimano and converters, my last hope bb has been going for 4 years so figured and hoping the same for this one.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Same as these two guys /\

Spins like a buttery dream

dirtyrider
    Free Member

both my xx1’s are on king’s after killing ceramic srams

dingleberry
    Free Member

Another Hope here. Been running flawlessly for about 2 years now.

gazman428
    Free Member

I fitted another gpx, cheap enough to change every 12 months

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP BBs what have you replaced it with?’ is closed to new replies.