Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • SRAM GX S1000 30t direct mount boost?
  • nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

I have the above crank and cannot find if I can use direct mount chainrings or not. Can anyone help?

Thanks very much.

Rorschach
    Free Member

According to this photo

it has a removable spider so you can use direct mount rings.

dubber
    Free Member

Not sure if this helps but I have GX 1000 and it came with a direct mount chain ring.

As that photo above some do have the removable spider , but there’s some which don’t .

dubber
    Free Member

*double post*

hofnar
    Free Member

GX 1000 doesn’t have removable spider according to the tecnical inforamtion. The model up the GX 1400 does(I have two of the latest in my shed)

There where very cheap replacement rings for the GX 1000 on chain reactions a while ago worth a look to see if they still have some

Rorschach
    Free Member

Gx1000 and Gx1000 Boost are different.One is 94mm BCD one is Dm.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

Thanks very much, I’ll keep looking for the right option (or ditch it and buy a Hope chainset – that sounds like my kind of craziness!).

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

It’s weird – as you pointed out – some appear to and some don’t. I can see that mine has bolts on the inside so I’m hoping this means it has a removable spider.

Otherwise I buy an XT triple chainset, use the rings for my other bike and then I have a set of cranks to use.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Looks like the photo up there=Direct mount
    Does’nt look like the photo up there=Is’nt direct mount.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

That’ll work, thanks!!!

benpinnick

Gx1000 and Gx1000 Boost are different.One is 94mm BCD one is Dm.

What rosarch said. GX 1000 boost cranks are actually GX 1200 cranks with a boost DM spider, so convertible to DM. I guess someone at SRAM figured it was cheaper to use the 1200 crank with a spider thank forge all new arms.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GX S1000 30t direct mount boost?’ is closed to new replies.