Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram guide brakes
  • tony07
    Free Member

In the market for new brakes. Not a fan of shimano as they feel too grabby.

Anyone any experience of the guide brakes?

Rorschach
    Free Member

On the car park test….Very grabby.

chrisdw
    Free Member

My shimanos are not at all grabby.

Put smaller rotors on?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Our workshop manager has just had a set fitted & really rates them.
    Didn’t want to in all honesty given the issues we’ve had with Avid’s in the past, but fitted a set to see how they go & they’re brilliant.
    Massively powerful-at least equal to the Saints taken off even with 180mm rotors.
    I agree Shimano’s can be a bit grabby in the initial part of the action, but so easily modulated they still feel great!

wiggles
    Free Member

I have guide R brakes on my new bike and as above I almost had a pair of shimanos on order to replace them before I had tried them due to thinking I would hate them. But they are actually great and have a much nicer lever feel than older avids (even last years trail xo) plenty of power and not as grabby as say an xt, but not sure if I would pick them over Zee’s if buying new aftermarket but not changing them on my bike for now anyway.

rumple
    Free Member

got the SRAM RSC brakes on my mondraker and love the things, great bite, loads of adjustablility, the rotors look awesome and use 4 pistons in each caliper for extra power and they’re in chrome silver! only problem is the size of the reservoir

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram guide brakes’ is closed to new replies.