Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Sram direct mount chainrings – confused, need help!
  • davros

Morning all,

My new bike has come with a sram gx spiderless crank fitted with a 28t steel chainring. I would prefer to fit a 30t so I checked online and it appears that sram didn’t make any steel 30t (or above) which could be fitted to spiderless cranks. Is this correct? If so it’s rather annoying given that the steel ones can now be purchased from CRC for £4! I can see sram direct mount spiderless alloy ones are available but they are £70! There’s no way I’m paying that for a chainring…

So, can anyone tell me if I can fit a 30t (or above) chainring to my current cranks without spending a silly amount of money?

Cheers

wiggles
    Free Member

Race face and absolute black do them

konanige

Works components £27….

jonnyrockymountain

Absolute black website is great for info regarding what type of ring you need for your cranks, and there chain rings are very good, also works component rings, not as much choice as absolute black but cheaper

davros

Thanks dudes. It looks like one of the works ones has the 6mm offset for 25quid. Never realised chainrings could be complicated…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Sram direct mount chainrings – confused, need help!’ is closed to new replies.