Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SRAM Attack twist shifters?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone use them? Whats the quality like compared to the X0 shifters (which i have on the Ellsworth) Would like to try with my XTR mech on my new bike but would be interested to hear people’s experiences.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Have been using a pair on my hybrid/commuter with XT drivetrain for the last five years or so. Flawless operation, last well. Compared to the XO I suspect they are basically the same shifter painted a different colour, as the grips are interchangeable. In fact, that’s the only gripe I have that the ‘Amy’ grips that come on the Attack are too small for my large sweaty hands, so changed them for a pair of the XO grips straight away.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I also have them with XT mechs. I can’t fault them and really like the fact that you can trim the front mech as there are actually 8 clicks on the left although there are just 3 displayed.

neilm
    Free Member

I have both attack and X0 in 3 x 9 and as far as I can tell, exactly as perthmtb said, they appear to be basically the same shifter with a different finish.

I have used the Attacks on / off for the last year and a half, all through what was laughingly known as a summer in 2012 and have had no issues at all, and they still feel and look like new… apart from the ingrained mud!

perthmtb
    Free Member

there are actually 8 clicks on the left although there are just 3 displayed

There’s two different options for the front shifter – 3-speed which only has three indexed shifts, and micro-adjust which allows you to fine tune the position of the front shifter. IMHO, if you have your FD set up properly you shouldn’t need micro-adjust, and in fact just gives you more possibility of cage rubbing…

Matt24k
    Free Member

IMHO, if you have your FD set up properly you shouldn’t need micro-adjust

Agreed, but when you’re mid ride and the mech is covered in mud it can be useful as it stops the cage rubbing. Works for me.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Agreed, but when you’re mid ride and the mech is covered in mud it can be useful.

As I ride outdoors the perfect workshop settings don’t always last.

ThePinkster

they appear to be basically the same shifter with a different finish.

[Pedant mode]
    Not quite as the cable pull ratio will be different for Shimano rear mechs
    {/Pedant mode]

lovewookie

I’ve been running either rocket or attack gripshifts from their start. Before that it was sachs wavy or plasma’s. All run with XTR rapid rise mechs.

excellent, lightweight and reliable. The only potential issue is that when they get a bit old and sloppy the end of the shifter can start to wear into carbon bars. Not had an issue with recent ones, but 1st gen ones without SRS were a bit of a problem.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Attack twist shifters?’ is closed to new replies.