Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • sram 11s mech with 10s shifters
  • HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Hi all.

Now I know the old 9s shift with 10s mech has been done to death and doesn’t match up as the actuation ratio is slightly different.

What I want to know is will a sram (x1 for example) rear mech work with a 10s cassette and shifter?

I want to go 1*10 and yes I could do the usual method but I know 2 people running zee setups and its always a bit of a compromise with chain tension. A x1 would solve that and I’d be closer to a 1*11 set up later on when the cassettes are a reasonable cost!

Thanks, Harvey

Yetiman
    Free Member

I’m sure I read on MTBR a while back that it was tried and didn’t work. I’m running an X9 Type 2 mech on the hardtail, and an XT Shadow Plus on the full suss without any issues. Both medium cages. The X9 shifts slightly better though. And there’s also the RAD cage from One Up to think about…….

http://int.oneupcomponents.com/collections/all-products/products/rad-cage

HarveyStedham
    Free Member

Thanks yeti.

Im Guessing the zee has issues as it doesn’t have the range where as I guess a med cage should cope better.

Yeah did see that one up bit of kit looks good. They say sram doesn’t need it as already shaped like the modification gives. Would just be nice to have a compact 11s mech built for the job. They are not cheap so not gonna buy one to find out!

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘sram 11s mech with 10s shifters’ is closed to new replies.