Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Squirt chain lube – how often to re-apply?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

I've always been a bit useless at keeping the chain lubed but now I'm doing something about it.
    Got some Squirt lube/wax (which seems great) and done the initial double application. How often should I reapply it and do I have to do a full clean/degrease before applying it again?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Doesn't the website just say to brush your chain if really you want to clean it, other than that just apply on top?

I normally reapply after a wet ride or every two or three dry rides if its dry then when I remember.

I agree seems good stuff, have used it for three months or so.

zeus
    Free Member

You got Squirt?! Where did you get Squirt from? Excellent lube IMO! It all depends on how dirty your rides have been – in dry conditions, I'd reapply every ride or two or three and give it a good wash reasonably seldom. In winter when it's wetter and muddier, I reapply more often and am sometimes tempted to add a tiny dose of wet lube (but always regret it, the dirty muck).

Cheers!

==========================
    Live fast take chances!
    http://www.iRideAfrica.com

xcstu
    Free Member

Zeus – Can get it if from here – http://www.in2dust.co.uk/

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

My usual ride is pretty much always wet, so I reapply after every ride. good lube imho.

afrothunder88

I've been using this for around 2 months now, on the communter I usually apply once a week which is around every 80 miles. It starts to get a bit rattly after that. On my big bike its usually every other ride or so.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

afrothunder88- how are you (or anyone else) finding the wax lube? Does it help keep the chain crap free?
    I am not always that efficient when it comes to cleaning the drivetrain but if it stays basically dry, doesn't pick up crap and still works I don't know why other lubes exist, so I assume there are some drawbacks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Squirt chain lube – how often to re-apply?’ is closed to new replies.