Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Squirrel in my loft choice
  • Netdonkey

Do I:

a) call pest control?

b) unleash the slumbering hunting dog I own into the loft 😀

Answers on a postcard

fasthaggis
    binners

Leave it a week and they’ll be gone. They come in, have their young, then they all clear off. They’re noisy little bastards though

wrecker
    Free Member

I shot the last one (Dave). Another came in a few weeks later. I then prevented access. The little bastard broke off the fascia board. They seem to eat rat poison as snacks. Vicious beggars too, not worth a vets bill for the hound. Trapping is the only option.

Netdonkey

Had them about 2 weeks now, looks like there are at least 2 babies up there. Sound like a heard of elephants from the bedroom the live above!

fasthaggis

They’re noisy little bastards though

yunki
    Free Member

We had squirrels nesting at my wife’s place of work last spring..

Rentokil came out at absolutely mind boggling great expense and left two mahoosive galvanised and completely ineffective traps in the wrong place and then moaned like hell about coming to pick them up again over two months later..

The problem was solved overnight when my kid brother and his workmate plotted up with a couple of good air rifles for the evening..
    Seven squirrels dispatched and two drays removed

It’s a bit grisly but it was the most efficient way of dealing with the problem in the end..
    The smell of squirrel piss still lingers 12 months later however

CountZero

Just think yourself lucky we don’t have raccoons as native animals…

Harry_the_Spider

The council will kill them but will only put down poison if they have access to remove the stiffs.

Ours buggered off after a couple of weeks.

BillOddie

Get up there and own them with some Bombers…

monkfish
    Free Member

Get rid of them before they do damage. I’ve now had them get in ours 3 times and you’re right it does sound like they’re are jumping up and down above your head.

zokes
    Free Member

We’ve got a bastard possom. Air rifle sounds a good option, but for the illegality bit…

drew

Don’t leave them too long, they’ll start munching the roof timbers.

Netdonkey

Council wont touch them, so off to play pest control roulette. Any recommendations in Surrey. If not I am starving the beagle for a day and then letting her loose up there!

eskay

My parents had them and they are very destructive.

My dad bought a trap and caught (then killed them).

It turned into an obsession after a while. I would be sat at work and I would get a text message ‘number 11’. Bloody retired people!

Wheelie-good
    Free Member

Had rats in the loft at my cottage, could hear them chewing and scratching at night, got a local pest control guy in and it didn’t take long for them to disappear.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Squirrel in my loft choice’ is closed to new replies.