Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Squeaky wipers! Aaaaarrrgggghhhhhh!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

**** wipers, the loudest squeal/squeak on each stroke 😆 and it was driving me mad on the way back from Halifax earlier! Any tips on stopping it?? These blades aren’t even a year old!!!

fatalbert
    Free Member

Good wipe with vinegar on the actual rubber blade.

andyl
    Free Member

doesnt matter how old they are if they’ve been used lots or are poop makes 😉

you could try cleaning your windscreen and the wipers thoroughly. If not get down to GSF and pick up some Bosch ones for about 1/2 the price other car shops.

mrmo
    Free Member

when you say squeak, do you mean the blades? are you driving a Golf/leon/octavia/A3??

sturmey
    Free Member

Which way does it squeek? If on the up stroke try putting a slight twist on the arm so the edge of the wiper is trailing when going up then when it returns it should flip over to do the same on the down stroke.You need to try to make sure the leading edge of the blade is not being pushed but pulled across the screen. Used to have to do this on new cars before they went to the customers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

These are Bosch ones and the car does about 6k a year! So they really shouldn’t be playing up just yet! Every wipe and screech screech as they go back and forth!

grim168
    Free Member

Rain x

mrlugz
    Free Member

Rain x +1

Added bonus of not needing to use the wipes as much. Rain literally wipes itself off.

Cougar

Cut a spud in half, rub down your windscreen. Leave a minute and then rinse. No, I don’t know either.

Failing that, new blades.

tron
    Free Member

Buy new Bosch or Valeo wipers. Air and UV does them in over time, regardless of use.

Rain x is fine on the motorway, but is squeak, judder and smear central when you’re driving around town.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I bet they’re not even a yr old yet!! And it’s literally every stroke whether it’s a blast of the washers on a bone dry day to downpours Such as we had on the way to Halifax on Saturday!!

clipper68
    Free Member

Not in a Primera are you. Mine used to do that. Wasn’t the wipers, it was the wiper arm bearing at the base of the wiper, hole used to go oval and a metal washer used to press against the circlip that held it all in. Had to replace both bearings to stop it. Check by lifting the wiper away from the window and wobble the base around, if it moves a lot its ****.

stumpy01

I decided to get some decent wipers last time I replaced mine, as I normally buy cheapies.
    I got some supposedly decent Bosch and they are cak. They have squealed from day one.
    Regularly cleaning the windscreen helps a bit, but I won’t be bothering with them again.

uplink
    Free Member

Mine make an annoying slapping/thumping noise – I guess it’s the blade flipping over

expensive Bosch ones too

z1ppy

andyl – Member
    doesnt matter how old they are if they’ve been used lots or are poop makes
    +
    Stumpy
    I got some supposedly decent Bosch and they are cak. They have squealed from day one.

+1

I bought some crap ones from Halford (in the dry so didn’t use/test them for a month) and ignored the issue for years, which was fine for me but passenger moaned constantly… Eventually needed to replace them, thank god! All fine now with decent wiper blades.

Wozza
    Free Member

Used Bosch for ages, after about 3 months they’d be screeching. Changed them out for the blade type from BMW (they were cheaper too) and they’re still going well after 6 months.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The best, non squeaky, wiper blades I’ve ever found are the cheap Tesco ones.

Bosch ones are crap!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

rub the windscreen with wet newspapers.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Squeaky wipers! Aaaaarrrgggghhhhhh!’ is closed to new replies.