Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Spunkmobile
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I would be unhappy about my wife receiving sperm from another man. Neither do I like the idea of other people raising my children.

The whole idea creeps me out.

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

A higher percentage of donors do so for financial reasons; and equally it seems that parents using donors often want to know details about their donor (i.e. class, eye colour etc). This all seems very shallow, but does explain that being a donor is overwhelmingly commercial.

The wanting better class sperm also seems deluded, as donors come from range of backgrounds some which would be considered less favorable. This all suggests an industry based purely on profit that forgets the what their business is about is creating life, or a person! Secrets are had to kept, and children will sometimes find out that they are the result of IVF (as an example). Hence some of the experiences mentioned here, and this is why I personally feel an openness from an early age will mean a better outcome in the long-term. So therefore the rights children should be considered?

What would it be like to be a child who finds out that your biological father only done it for money??? Perhaps more openness around being a donor will then mean men only becoming donors after having given some thought as to why they are becoming donors? And therefore less negative impacts on children and their ‘adoptive’ families.

Just offering another viewpoint!

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Spunkmobile’ is closed to new replies.