Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • springsteen wembley gig
  • mav12
    Free Member

Anyone going how would one find out which hotel he and the band are staying in i would imagine twitter
    and face book would be the place but i am clueless on both

sc-xc

I’m going, have enjoyed his shows over the last 25 years.

As I am not a stalker though, I don’t really care where they are staying….

johndoh
    Free Member

I heard he’d booked into Hammersmith Travelodge – got a family room to save money the tight ****.

jekkyl

What a strange question.

surfer
    Free Member

Why dont you just go to the concert and see them all there?

Seen him twice on a UK tour many years ago. One of the best live performers I have ever seen.

SkillWill
    Free Member

He tends to stay at Linton Travel Tavern (has an excellent carvery) just outside of Norwich.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I’m pretty ambivalent to most of springsteens music, but I saw him at I.o.W festival last year and was blown away. Truly amazing live act.

tonto
    Free Member

I thought they were banned from the Linton in a row over plate size.

Pigface
    Free Member

😆

richmars

Did anyone go?
    Reviews in the papers are pretty impressive for a 63 year old, hope he lasts until Thursday at Coventry.

sc-xc

Very good. Great to hear all of Darkness, and acoustic Thunder Road a nice touch to finish the show….

richmars

Just a bit pee’d off he did Thunder Road, I guess it will be something else on Thursday.

sc-xc

I dunno, he closed Milan with it….

matthewjb
    Free Member

Really looking forward to seeing him in Leeds now.

The whole of Darkness in a tiny venue would be great.

snap
    Free Member

Off to glasgow in the morning for a three day jolly with my cousin ,looking forward to the gig

mav12
    Free Member

anyone go to glasgow gig looked a good setlist looking forward to coventry

lovewookie

3.5 hour set apparently. damn load of stamina that man whatever age!

mav12
    Free Member

mav12
    Free Member

he was on fire last night born to run start to finish nightmare getting out of coventry amongt others didnt get home untill 2:20

z1ppy

Crazy concert girl we know got there for 10am (yesterday?) and was 1068 in the queue.. ffs. She does lots of concerts, and apparently she says the Springsteen fans are amoungst the craziest – hourly checks to see if you still in the queue & if not, you loose your spot! (other queues just number themselves & as long as your around generally, thats fine)

She’s going up to see Robbie’s show tomorrow evening, and is starting queuing tonight!

richmars

Yes, no Thunder Road encore, just all of Born to run.
    Just awesome.

mav12
    Free Member

apparently fans start queuing a week before and check daily 😯

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Springsteen is well known for not having a set playlist, his band are suitably well rehearsed that he just calls out the songs as they go along. Proper Musicians. At Hampden in 2009 he did a sing back with a10yo who was on her dads shoulders at the front, the effect was pretty amazeballs.

BoardinBob

Was a wee bit dissappointed with the Hampden gig. The band were great but the sound was iffy and the setlist wasn’t as good as recent gigs. Basically the audience have placards with song names on them, he wades down into the audience every so often and grabs 3 or 4. He then brings them back onstage, shows them to the band and then they play them. Very impressive.

richmars

It was a 9 year old last night, and a girl with “I’ll look good with your guitar” written on a card.
    I know it’s what he gets paid for, but the way he does it, and the fact that he seems to love doing it, makes it very special.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

AWESOME concert at Coventry last night 😀

makes me want to see him down the road at LEEDS ARENA EVEN MORE

so if you can’t go …

matthewjb – Member
    Really looking forward to seeing him in Leeds now.

The whole of Darkness in a tiny venue would be great.

I’ll help out by using the ticket … or if you know any one with a spare at realistic money

Otherwise I’ll be outside very early with a Begging Board like I saw last night …

1 TICKET WANTED … NO TOUTS

mav12
    Free Member

How much do the touts sell the tickets for anyone bought one outside a venue thinking of going to leeds

CountZero

Rolling Stone magazine reported on the Coventry gig, saying he stopped after doing The River, and said that he and the band would be doing the whole of Born To Run, for ‘our great friend’, in tribute to James Gandolphini. What a gig to be at!

matthewjb
    Free Member

If anyone is interested in going to the Leeds gig my brother is selling a ticket

It’s on a well known auction site

br
    Free Member

If anyone is interested in going to the Leeds gig my brother is selling a ticket

Just looking to recoup my costs.

Ticket was £65 and he started the bidding at £100…

matthewjb
    Free Member

Ticket was £65 and he started the bidding at £100…

Sadly we had to buy our tickets on Ebay. We paid more than £100.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

sadly I am giving up hope of getting a ticket for Leeds 🙁

I have a budget of £150 cash waiting and it seems it is no way near what I’ll need to get a ticket

checking the Get Me In site this morning they start at £245 each for a pair or £275 for a single ticket

Still have fingers crossed I’ll get REAL lucky on the night but some how I doubt it

mav12
    Free Member

so did you get lucky I set off without a ticket traffic was a nightmare turned back after 30 miles and sulked all night

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘springsteen wembley gig’ is closed to new replies.