Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Spring Watch in my back garden!
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I stood outside with a bottle of wine just watching the birds and the animals in my garden and the strip of woods behind. It was like Spring Watch without the irritating beardy man.

I watched 6 squirrels collecting leaves from one tree and taking them to their dray at the top of another. They almost had a production chain going for about 20 minutes.

There were also three pigeons that were more intent on stealing each others food than eating what they had. One would land on a branch and start pecking at the buds, another would land on a branch nearby and start eating. The first would fly over and push the incomer out the way. A third would come in and land on the first branch. The second bird would push him out the way. It was like musical chairs for pigeons for about 10 minutes.

A flock of little colourful birds descended on the Elderflower bush and were flitting about like jewels.

A couple of robins were facing up to each other under the bird feeder on the patio.

As it dropped darker the bats came out and i watched an amazing ariel flying display.

It is amazing the difference in the garden after scaring the cats off with the (toy) cross bow.

woody2000

Dray

Drey

mmm’ok 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

So MY squirrels had parked their cart at the top of a tree! Got a problem with that?

😉

portlyone

Have you got a webcam set up?

BigJohn

Yes, and it’s trained at Kate Humble

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Spring Watch in my back garden!’ is closed to new replies.