Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Spring for Sektor DPC
  • svalgis
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2011 year model Sektor RL DPC 140mm for my new bike build. I need to replace the stock spring to tune it to my weight. According to the spare parts manual and every retailer of the spare springs I can find (TF, amazon, bike-components.de), the DPC springs are explicitly made for the 2012 model. I can only find U-turn springs and fixed length springs that’s supposedly made for the 2011 model.

Is this an issue? Is there any difference between the 2011 and 2012 DPC springs? I’ve considered just installing a fixed length spring, but let’s assume I don’t want to do that in this case.

The exact part I’m looking at is, according to the spare parts catalog:
    “Coil Spring Dual Position Coil/Shaft/Top Cap/Adjuster Knob Assy, X-Soft Silver 140mm – 2012 Sektor”
    Part number: 11.4015.540.010

v10
    Free Member

2011 Sektor’s were never available with Dual Position Coil. Yours will be a MY2012 fork and so will take the part mentioned above.

There is a 140mm and a 150mm version make sure you get the right one for your fork.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Extra soft! Are you 5 stone?

svalgis
    Free Member

Cheers. Sorry but what do you mean by MY2012? And how come CRC sold it as a 2011? Not arguing, just curious. Thanks!

v10
    Free Member

Sorry MY is Model Year. Not quite sure about the CRC thing can see them on the site so understand your curiosity. They must have either got the year wrong and/or its some hybrid fork from an OE as DPC was never available on 2011 forks.

2011 Tech Manual Below – No DPC.

Clicky

svalgis
    Free Member

Sorry MY is Model Year. Not quite sure about the CRC thing can see them on the site so understand your curiosity. They must have either got the year wrong and/or its some hybrid fork from an OE as DPC was never available on 2011 forks.

Oh, of course!
    Okay, I might drop CRC a mail just to cure my curiosity – hopefully they know themselves. 😛

Extra soft! Are you 5 stone?

About 138lbs ride ready, so at the very top end of an X-soft, but I’ve heard that RockShox’ recommendations are on the firm side.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Spring for Sektor DPC’ is closed to new replies.