Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Spouse receipt
  • MTB-Idle
    Free Member

My wife is fine with my spending and i often get stuff delivered to her work because

a) she works in the small office that receives the post so can keep and eye on it and
    b) drives to work so it’s easy for her to chuck it in the car to bring it home rather than me bring it home on the bike or the train

However I do use a pseudonym on my orders (and other online sites) that I created many years ago to avoid having my personal details bandied about on the internet too much. It’s a faintly amusing name and this always makes the ‘girls’ in her office laugh. They even know it themselves now and will take post in for my alter ego when my wife isn’t there!

bencooper
    Free Member

Years ago, I was building a very expensive bike in installments for someone – he’d turn up with £150 and I’d order a derailleur, etc. One day he turned up on the doorstep, but didn’t come in – instead he beckoned me to the door and handed me the money while standing outside the door.

“My wife says I’m not allowed to go to into that bloody bike shop again!”

dpfr

So guess which STW thread I really shouldn’t have let Mrs dpfr see……….

jimw
    Free Member

A friend has a system with his wife.
    He buys stuff, she asks” how much was it?”
    He says “£50”
    She buys stuff, he asks” how much was it”
    She says “£50”

Everybody is happy

It has been £50 for the past 20 years

timidwheeler

I’d love my bloke to stop dithering, and buy that enduro bike he so obviously needs.

igm

My wife’s most recent bike cost about twice what my most recent bike did.

Our problem is that our sons also feel multiple bikes are normal.

milky1980
    Free Member

One LBS near me puts the actual sale through the computerised till to give you the actual receipt. They will then write out an old-style receipt on a pad for production to the other half, This costs the punter a bribe of some sort (usually biccies from the Spar next door for the workshop). It’s a roadie shop so there’s plenty of scope for hiding the posh/winter/training/TT/race bike purchases. The mechanics struggle to keep trim most of the year!!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Spouse receipt’ is closed to new replies.