Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Spotted Budget FSA ultra compact Chainset on new Willier Gravel range, any info?
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

Grit CX had pics of the Willier range on Monday, eagle eyed me spotted that 1of the range is fitted with a double chainset from FSA branded Tempo 110/80bcd and sported 30/46 chainrings. I’m aware that FSA have a chainset at the top of the range but carbon cranks and vfm don’t mix. I’m also aware that Middleburn have a low ratio chainset but similarly spendy. Are these chain sets OEM only or can they be bought yet? Tried Googling but no joy.

treklee
    Free Member

That sounds perfect my needs!

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

Are you sure it wasn’t a 46/36 CX chainset?

simondbarnes

A fair few 2017 Specializeds are coming with 32/48 chainsets (some FSA, some Turn)

jameso

New OE options but prob available AM at some point.

antigee

noticed something similar but different name – this new Felt has an FSA Omega Adventure crankset which is a 46 / 30

http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2016/Bikes/road/endurance/VR/VR6.aspxand the VR6 is the bottom of range should be a reasonable price
    gets a mention here but I couldn’t find any for sale yet

http://www.bikeradar.com/au/news/article/fsa-launches-2017-bike-components-modular-cranksets-stems-dropper-post-and-more-46541

pistonbroke
    Free Member

@pleader, yes it’s definitely a 30/46 as this is stamped on the outer chainring of the Jareen if you enlarge the photo. The 80mm BCD will entail special rings when they wear out which may be an issue but afaik 34 teeth is the minimum currently possible with current compact chainsets.
    Given its a willier crosser should be electric motor compatible as well 8)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Spotted Budget FSA ultra compact Chainset on new Willier Gravel range, any info?’ is closed to new replies.