Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Spotify – why?
  • sweepy
    Free Member

Musics just not that important to me I suppose, just background noise really.

BlobOnAStick

Hmm. I pay for the Premium service and I haven’t noticed poor sound quality. And I DO listen properly.

I think the Premium service is streamed at a higher bitrate.

zilog6128

A quick Google tells me the Premium service uses Vorbis q9 (when available for a particular track) which is about as good as it gets for a lossy codec. I’ll have to give it a listen.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*UPDATE 2*

Spotify does not support gapless playback. A not insignificant chink in the armour 🙁

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I use the free version, and I mainly end up listening to different mixes of tracks I’ve bought, or albums I own, but can’t be bothered to open ITunes up for.

I don’t understand why I should do that, but there you go. It’s what I do.

I don’t think I’d pay for Spotify. So far I’ve encountered no drawbacks apart from the occasional ad, and even they seem to have reduced in frequency lately.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

The Premium version does let you use the mobile app which is pretty good since you can listen to the Spotify library offline as well. Handy if you do a lot of travelling but want to try out new music. This lack of gapless playback does spoil some albums tho’

BoardinBob

For Spotify and general music fans, my old man put me on to a great app yesterday

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/

Live concerts to stream for free. Mainly classic rock stuff but some great performances in there

the-muffin-man

Spotify – why?

Because it saves me a fortune by not having to buy the latest ‘Olly Murs’, ‘One Direction’, etc album that my daughter is in to for 2 weeks then never listens to again!

Ewan
    Free Member

It’s awesome. As much music as I will ever need for a tenner a month, use it on my phone as well, haven’t synced for umpteen months.

enigmas
    Free Member

Been a spotify fan since the early days!

Had a free suscription until they put the cap on hours per month as i’d use them up in a few days.

Then upgraded to premium , the ablilty to use it on my phone and any computer easily far outweighs the cost imo. I also like the social side of it and the fact i’ve got about £500 worth of music in my playlists, which get bigger every day, so a tenner a month isnt really all that bad!

Also, premium means no more ‘roberto from spotify’ getting in the way of the music! :p

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Spotify – why?’ is closed to new replies.