Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Spotify showing songs/ albums in my music i know nothing about – hacked?
  • burko73

My Spotify premium acccount my music – albums is showing some random artists like 50 cent and some Greek/ Arab type musicians I’ve never heard of or played. My recently played list is also showing stuff I’ve never played.

I also got a message earlier that I have Spotify installed on more than 3 devices. I have it in my iMac, iPhone and iPad. How can I tell if it’s installed somewhere else?

gwaelod
    Free Member

Using web browser on Mac use the log out of everywhere option…change password, then log back in. If it repeats contact Spotify support via the chat thing…tell em u suspect account is hacked.

burko73

Does this happen then?

darrell
    Free Member

Do you pay for it?

Jamie
    Free Member

Your account has been hacked, and the login credentials sold more than likely. Change password and contact support.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

At least it’s not morrisey they’ve left….

glasgowdan
    Free Member

My account was hacked a few weeks ago and upgraded to the £15 version by whoever…spotify sorted it out and refunded.

burko73

50 cent and some Iranian soft rock ballad guy.

edlong
    Free Member

I know that nobody would do this, but in case you use the same passwords for different things, if your spotify credentials are “out there” and the same or very similar passwords would get into something more serious (like a bank account) I’d be more worried about that than some unwanted hip hop..

Cougar

Also, make sure the primary email account it’s associated to hasn’t been changed. Otherwise you change the password and they can “I forgot my password” it straight back again.

Cougar

if your spotify credentials are “out there”

This is a handy resource: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
    (Though of course, if it comes back clean that doesn’t 100% guarantee that you’re safe, just not on any of the lists the site knows about.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Spotify showing songs/ albums in my music i know nothing about – hacked?’ is closed to new replies.