Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Spotify – AAAARGH!
  • dribbling
    Free Member

This is protracted. After asking for advice on speakers, tablets, apps and music downloading, the speaker is purchased and wrapped, the tablet is simplified, with accounts set up and all I have to do is add spotify premium.

So I log onto my laptop using his new account, select premium…..and nothing??

It asks me for payment details, but gives me no way to enter details – just a mostly blank screen?

I’ve tried explorer, firefox, but nothing’s happening??

AAAARGHHHH

Jamie
    Free Member

Working in Safari & Chrome.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

dribbling
    Free Member

Cheers Jamie, that payment bit is what’s missing – I’ll download Chrome and see if that works..

spacemonkey

I had problems with my subscription yesterday or Wed. Couldn’t get it to work via the (Windows) client so got it sorted by logging in to their website. Sorted.

dribbling
    Free Member

Jamie – did you do your ninja type screen grab tonight, because I’ve just downloaded Chrome and it’s doing the same.

I know that life is there to p*** you off, but I never expected it when trying to give someone money!

Jamie
    Free Member

Did it just now. You not running any ad/script blockers?

Also working for me in Firefox.

dribbling
    Free Member

It’s just a standard set-up; cheap laptop with standard features and no dodgy advanced settings, but this is my world (below) – I am so p****** off, spent £500, hours and miles of research on getting a decent & simple audio set up for Pops, and then failed at the final, critical hurdle…come on STW, sort this out for me!!

Jamie
    Free Member

You blocking any scripts? What is the exclamation mark down the bottom right next to the clock referring to?

Failing that, send me your card details and I will put it through for you.

*puts deposit on yacht*

Failing that, couldn’t you go through a smartphone/tablet app to maybe payment?

dribbling
    Free Member

It’s just some pants windows update warning.

Nope, I wouldn’t know how to block a script if I wanted to.

I don’t get it!!!

EDIT: I wanted to pay via the tab, but no options to purchase, so logged onto the sh*tty, p&*s useless paperweight.

Jamie
    Free Member

You appear to be on the US page according to your screen grab.

Clutching at straws, but does the UK link work?

https://www.spotify.com/uk/get-spotify/go/freetrial30/

dribbling
    Free Member

Jamie, appreciate your effots, but this is the page I receive – I am going to beat up the cat in a minute, or the missus – whoever gives me lip first.

Anyhow, this is what I get..

Jamie
    Free Member

Hmm. Bit weird, and this is the same in Chrome?

dribbling
    Free Member

Just pasted your link into Chrome, signed in and yup..same blank “loading” message…

Appreciate your efforts, you will be rewarded in beer/wine if you can sort this. I am at my wits end; tablet has to be wrapped up tomorrow.

bruneep

works fine for me

Jamie
    Free Member

Do you get this far?

It has to be a setting on the computer, as all browsers are giving the same error. Maybe a parental control setting?

dribbling
    Free Member

Yes, I get that, but when I select one of the payment options, it fails and just goes blank.

EDIT: No parental control settings – believe me!! Plus I have no kids to protect.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll be honest. I’m stumped. I have tried on Chrome, Safari, Firefox on OSX, and the same on Win 7. All work, with cookies on and off.

Going to sound like a cliche here, but have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe clearing the caches might help.

Also, have you tried via Safari on the tablet? (I assume it’s an iPad…chrome on the Android tablet if not)

dribbling
    Free Member

I’ve turned off and on.

Used 3 browsers.

Kicked the cat.

Nothing is working.

Thanks; I’ll try again in the morning. It’s a bit weird though – I don’t understand at all!

cloudstr
    Free Member

Hi dribbling, i’ve exactly same problem with you. Easily solve by: When you see a message “Loading. Please wait”, a white frame page appears right? Right click on it, choose “View Page Source”, next “Ctrl + F” and find a line “src=”https://secure.payment….” That’s the url you want to find. Paste it and completed. Sorry for my poor English!

dribbling
    Free Member

Thanks Cloudstr – I don’t get lightbox / white frame page though.

It’s driving me mad!

dribbling
    Free Member

Dropped all cookies and security to low; turned off pop-up blocker and still nothing…

woody2000

Download ccleaner and run it to clear your history etc completely, then try again? I had no probs with the sign up process and I used a mobile browser.

druidh
    Free Member

See that “Pants Windows Update” warning? Why not get rid of it and see if the problem goes away.

Jamie
    Free Member

Still not sorted?

See to that windows warning.

…failing that, use another computer.

You could always try giving SpotifyUK on twitter a shout?

ska-49
    Free Member

Stupid suggestion but have you tried the chromes ‘incognito window’ ?
    I’ve had issues like this in the past but incognito seems to solve it.

baldSpot
    Free Member

You need Facebook account to get Spotify – could be that?

Jamie
    Free Member

You need Facebook account to get Spotify – could be that?

No. It won’t be that.

dribbling
    Free Member

This is weird – used another laptop and exactly the same problem!

Same using the tablet browser.

I can only think it’s a problem with the account? I only set it up yesterday.

I don’t have facestalk, or twiddle – do you HAVE to have FB?

Drac

It sounds like a DNS issue with you ISP.

To put it simple, your ISP is not connecting their servers to spotify.

You don’t need Facebook to sign up.

woody2000

Try a smartphone over 3G, not wifi

druidh
    Free Member

The google DNS servers are available….
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

dribbling
    Free Member

Try a smartphone over 3G, not wifi

Tired that and got…

“Data Connectivity Problem”

“This page contains too many server redirects”

Thanks for continuing suggestions – if I had enough I’d pull my hair out.

dribbling
    Free Member

The google DNS servers are available….
    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

Thanks, that’s an option – one where I’ll probably bugger up something and not even be able to get onto STW!

dribbling
    Free Member

Right, signed up from scratch, using a different email address and it let me straight though…..

???

Jamie
    Free Member

Is it only Spotify you have this issue with?

Go back to whatever your main browser is, and clear the cache and delete all Spotify cookies.

Then try again.

Instructions for Chrome.

Instructions for IE.

Instructions for Firefox

…make sure you just take out the Spotify ones. You can nuke them all, but sites where you auto-logon/have preferences set will need to be logged into again.

Right, signed up from scratch, using a different email address and it let me straight though…..

???

Who cares. It works 8)

Probably a corrupted cookie.

cloudstr
    Free Member

Right click on whatever you get, choose “View Page Source”, next “Ctrl + F” and find a line “src=”https://secure.payment….”. Try it ..

dribbling
    Free Member

But frustratingly it’ not though, I need to complete the original sign up using Dad’s email address, as it’s for him and I’ve already registered it with spotify!

Will wipe everything when I get home and try again.

dribbling
    Free Member

Thanks, but only src is “<script src=”https://d2c87l0yth4zbw.cloudfront.net/js/base-v4.js&#8221; type=”text/javascript”></script>
    <script src=”//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js”></script>”

Jamie
    Free Member

Still not sorted?

Thinking outside the box, would it be worth logging in with your Dad’s account then requesting a new password. Then log out, log back in and see if you can get any further.

This is straw clutching at it’s extreme.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Spotify – AAAARGH!’ is closed to new replies.