• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 5Spot with new paint
  • michaelbowden

Well after 7 ish years of being on this forum here's my first attempt at posting pictures. So here is my 5Spot after a rebuild with new paint, excuse the crap pictures.
    Extra points given for novel/original comments on the state of my decor.

lowey

Loving it mate!

I'm thinking of doing the same this year with my 5 year old spot.

Few q's

Where did u get it done ?
    Is it Powder Coat ?
    Did you have to strip the old paint off yourself ?
    Did you mask the pivot holes etc ?

and How much if you dont mind me asking.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Best looking 5 spot I've seen mate. Maybe because it doesn't look like one any more 😉

michaelbowden

Hi

It's 2 pack paint. After discussions with Turner they suggested that temps over 150c could affect the heat treatment and they couldn't guaranty that the powder coat oven wouldn't exceed this, so I decide paint was the best route.
    I just used a local industrial finishers, they stripped it all and plugges the pivots etc.

£80 and they gave me the left over paint, enough to do at least 2 other frames

Albanach
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike!

coogan
    Free Member

Nice. I miss my HL 5 Spot. Mind you, the DW replacement ain't too shabby so far.

michaelbowden

Thanks for the comments guys.

coogan
    Free Member

Oh, and get a coil shock on it. 5 Spots need a coil shock! 😀

backhander
    Free Member

not sure about the rug

RichPenny
    Free Member

Bannisters need painting

michaelbowden

Oi! that's my best duvet cover don't you know! 😉

Hadge
    Free Member

I'm getting my 5 Spot this week and I can't wait!!!! I missed out on a coil shock for it so will keep my eyes peeled out for one. I had a DHX coil on my first Spot and it was brilliant. My new Spot has a Pushed RP3 anyway so it should be pretty good. My fingers are itching so much…… 🙄

mamadirt
    Free Member

Mmmmmmm orange. Love it! 😛

radoggair
    Free Member

Nice, needs a coil though.

Now for the bad parts.

Theres a bag in your hallway, huge health and safety hazard. Do you wear your helmet indoors??? 😉
    Logos and valves dont line up . Epic fail 🙄

michaelbowden

Radoggair

Shhhh don't tell anyone but I left the valves and logos like that to upset the STW massive on purpose! and as for my helmet well! 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

thinking i should have sold you mine hadge lol after another good day out on the ht i just cant see a time when id take the five spot out rather than the ht . Mmm what to do lol 🙂

gamo
    Free Member

Looks great, looks very similar colour to my Hustler, also went with 2 pack.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘5Spot with new paint’ is closed to new replies.