Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Spot the (not deliberate) mistake?
  • kinda666
    Free Member

Could of been worse, coulda been a Zundapp bella! My dad used to have one many moons ago, when i googled it I was nearly sick!

RustySpanner

.if you're that anal about a shirt that clearly states "Vespa's and other italian scooters" having a picture of a Lambretta on it then you need to get out more

No ta, but thanks for the advice!

Maybe I'll stay in and post a fascinating thread about my shaving routine Bobba, or one about the vastly underrated topic of colour matching my calipers, eh Nick?

RustySpanner

Could of been worse, coulda been a Zundapp bella! My dad used to have one many moons ago, when i googled it I was nearly sick!

Hmmn, the Germans didn't really get the whole aesthetic thing with scooters did they? The British ones were even uglier TBH 😀

I think Lambrettas are a beautiful piece of design:

Series II's especially:

and some Vespas aren't bad either:

I'm obviously in a minority on here though!
    What a strange evening.

Travis

How can it be a mistake, when it says Vespa and Italian Scooters, isn't it a picture of an Italian Scooter on it?

showerman
    Free Member

and how can you buy something that is out of stock anyway 😕

hora
    Free Member

OP – surely this would just cut to the chase?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I can't believe the op is defending himself about this.

Jesus, so much vitriol about a T shirt.

no it's Not vitriol, and it's about a really dull thread.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

If you saw someone walking down the street with a Santa Cruz T shirt on, but said shirt was emblazoned with a picture of, say, an Intense, wouldn't it strike you as a bit odd?

Not if it said "Santa Cruz and VPP American Bikes" 😆

I love loggin on, on sunday mornings and seeing whats gone on.

hora
    Free Member

Scooters are great around London, Paris or Rome.

Rotherham, Bury or Doncaster = you cant pass your Direct access but pretend to be niche :mrgreen:

IanMunro
    Free Member

I can believe that no one's spotted that the fern green and flame red of the Italian flag haven't been printed with the correct Pantone colours!
    I have a suspicion that they might have used the Mexican flag colours rather than the Italian ones, and if a fat person were to wear it the aspect ration might change enough for it to be a more accurate rendition of the Mexican flag than the Italian one!!!!!!
    I like flags, and flags are very important and nice, and you're all sad losers for not realising this.

RustySpanner

Philistines the lot of you!

And yes, I know it says 'out of stock' on the website, but they still have some left at the Radcliffe branch if anyone wants one?!?

Thanks for the T shirt suggestion Hora, a valid contribution as usual. 😀

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I've owned 2 Vespas and a Lambretta, so I'm qualified to inform you that T shirt is shit.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I'm thinking along IanMunro's lines here – if that red in the flag were any worse, it should be saying "O'Vespas and udder Oirish Shcooters" 🙂

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Seeing as that one is OOS, here's an alternative for you RS

😉

yunki
    Free Member

I'm sure these guys would back you up Rustyspanner..
    I found the thread at least as interesting as 57% of OT threads started on here..

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Maybe I'll stay in and post a fascinating thread about my shaving routine Bobba, or one about the vastly underrated topic of colour matching my calipers, eh Nick?

ooh the irony of pointing out other peoples pointless threads while spraffing on about a t-shirt from a supermarket, I am truly burned and will give up my membership of this internet forum.

probably a good bet to get that t-shirt to cover up your shame

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

So Spanner has gone from being accused of having 'failed in life' to now being accused of being 'an attention seeking whore' ………..and all because he pointed out the irony of a tee shirt with the word "Vespa" having a picture of a Lambretta on it ! LOL ! 😀

I have say though Spanner, you do have a tendency to overreact a tad……I reckon I would have probably shrugged off the comments from the onset. I guess your apparent inability to do so probably contributed to the level of ridicule you received. After all, infantile playground taunting is fairly popular with some on here – if you weren't already aware of that.

Oh ffs, have a word with yerself ernie.

yunki
    Free Member

Maybe they should have used one of these for the image?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Oh ffs, have a word with yerself ernie.

You sound as if you might be taking this thread rather seriously TheArtist 😀

And from your obvious inability to ignore it, apparently also finding it rather interesting 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I want a t-shirt that says 'Belgians and other people', with a picture of a Spaniard on it.

duntmatter
    Free Member

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I reckon I would have probably shrugged off the comments from the onset.

The downfall of many…it's best to make like a duck's back. I was enjoying it myself.

brant
    Free Member

Saw a bloke wearing one of these at a petrol station in Keighley today (near the roundabout for the bypass, by the MaccyD's by the leisure centre).

I was going to have a word and get his thoughts on it, but I was in a queue of traffic and didn't want to get out of the van.

hth

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

I reckon you should get some Mountain Cycle ones with a Kona on the front made up for you and Elbry

RustySpanner

Well, thanks for all the comments!

I've never been called a life-failing attention whore before, another one to tick off the list………. 😀

grumm
    Free Member

I actually saw someone wearing this t-shirt today! Didn't have the heart to tell him what a mistake he had made. 🙂

This was at a meet of about 300 scooter riders too – imagine the shame!

RustySpanner

I believe someone spotted it just after you left:

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Spot the (not deliberate) mistake?’ is closed to new replies.