Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Spot the deliberate mistake…
  • mboy
    Free Member

Mavic Crossmax XL 29er rear wheel. Less than 300 miles old!

Anyone seen this happen before?

bearnecessities

Um, don’t wish to be all STW on your ass, but you’re a LBS owner – have you given Mavic chance to even come back with an answer to any warranty claim before posting pics up on the interweb?

Edit: Oh. Nice edit! Coward 🙂

mboy
    Free Member

I’m sure i’ll be looked after don’t worry.

Seems an odd occurence, I’ve not seen it happen before, and couldn’t find any examples on t’interweb…

scaredypants

Proprietary wheel, straight pull spokes

Are there more ?

tthew

Yeah, I had it happen on a Mavic road wheel a few years ago. Decathlon refunded me without any drama whatsoever. Probably a material flaw just at the wrong place, but they’d never prevent it without doing some kind of non destructive testing on every one out of the factory, (or every billet in).

So that’s two out of what probably amounts to millions of pairs. Good going Mavic!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I had a spoke pull out of a MavM40C road wheel, without fuss Mav replaced BOTH wheels !

matt_outandabout

Three

mboy
    Free Member

Yeah, I had it happen on a Mavic road wheel a few years ago. Decathlon refunded me without any drama whatsoever. Probably a material flaw just at the wrong place, but they’d never prevent it without doing some kind of non destructive testing on every one out of the factory, (or every billet in).

Yeah absolutely, can understand that. Does seem that this is by far the exception rather than the norm…

Odd timing though, 2 months ago was trying to sell them as was going to build something up with wider rims, then decided to keep them in the end. Got them out the shed earlier to give them a look over and found this!

cokie

Sorry to derail the thread mBoy, but check out the first thread that used the same title; http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/spot-the-deliberate-mistake

beaker

Yes, on a Mavic Crossland. Straight pull spokes, more or less the same as above. They’d had an easy life but we’re out of warranty. Won’t buy a Mavic wheelset again.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Spot the deliberate mistake…’ is closed to new replies.