Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sports while recovering from shoulder surgery?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

Going in for round two of shoulder surgery on my left shoulder in July (1st time round the bone didn’t graft). 6 weeks in a sling, then no mountain biking (or snowboarding or wakeboarding or climbing) for at least 4-6 months realistically. Hopefully running after 8 weeks or so, and road cycling shortly after that.

So, while I can’t put too much strain on my shoulder, any thoughts for other sports I could do while recovering over the summer months? Ideally ones I can (a) do outside, and (b) are remotely exciting.

Thinking of getting a slackline for the park (but fails on b), and playing a bit of squash, as long as I avoid sprinting into walls (again, fails on b).

Any thoughts?

Ta,
    Duane.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

extreme danger one hand self love?

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Looks like you didnt learn first time round. Dont be a muppet – give it time to sort itself out.

Kuco

Do something like hill walking and actually give your shoulder time to properly heal.

Duane…
    Free Member

OK, fair points.

First time round I was not careful enough for the first 6 weeks – this time I will be a lot more careful. That still gives me a 2-4 months where the doctor is happy for me to begin sports, but not “contact” sports (as MTB is as soon as you hit a tree). Plus, I have 2 months until surgery so looking for stuff to do before then.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sports while recovering from shoulder surgery?’ is closed to new replies.