Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sports TV streaming?
  • alanl
    Free Member

My GF is a football fan. Shes pays Sky some ridiculous fee to watch one game at most every month.
    I’ve said why not just go down the pub and watch it there – it would be a lot cheaper, you have a night out, and the atmosphere would be better.
    But, she’s been told you can get rid of Sky, buy a small wifi box, attach it to your TV, and watch Sky without paying a fee.
    That sounds far too good to be true.
    Then my mate showed me live Sky TV on his phone.
    OK, what is the catch?
    And surely Sky will get wise to this pretty soon?
    If not, what do we buy to become copyright criminals?
    Thanks
    Alan.

trademark
    Free Member

One way is to buy an Amazon Fire TV stick for £35 and download Kodi then relevant add ons for free.

Someone will be along soon to tell you you’re a bad person. 🙄

toys192
    Free Member

You can get a now TV account and just pay for sky sports for the day to watch online.
    http://www.nowtv.com/

scaredypants

her first job is to call sky and tell them she’s leaving – see what deal is on offer currently to waverers

after that – I’d say pub if it’s really once a month

trademark
    Free Member

Scaredypants’ tactics often work, I think it depends upon what mood the Sky advisor is in.

the-muffin-man

A football fan who watches 1 game a month – does she support Man United!? 😀

alanl
    Free Member

No, Arsenal. We go out a lot on Sundays, so she doesnt get to watch it often.
    I think we’ll watch it this week – we’re in Leicester, so the local pub will be full.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I remember having the same debate with my Ms. I insisted in her subscribing to the full skysports channel, poitning out that if she didn’t the people that would suffert would be those poor impovorished premier league players and that marvlous old man Mr Murdoch.

It makes me sleep far better at night knowing that she is making a contribution to John Terry’s latest bently, rather than watching everything on firstrowsports.com which, whilst free and shows every game of every sport under the sun, may not be 100% legit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sports TV streaming?’ is closed to new replies.