Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sports Tracker Updated to V3
  • The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Thanks for the link, very interesting they now have integration with Polar heart rate products, that just leaves power meters left.

snaps
    Free Member

What effect does running this have on battery life?

nickjb
    Free Member

It uses more battery but my 5800 can run it for an all day epic and have enough battery for phoning the next day.

ansdy

very interesting they now have integration with Polar heart rate products

Don't get too excited, the old version was also compatible with the Polar for Nokia bluetooth heart rate belt, but as far as I know they are not available to buy separately

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Don't get too excited, the old version was also compatible with the Polar for Nokia bluetooth heart rate belt, but as far as I know they are not available to buy separately

Oh, I had not looked too closely, I had assumed that they'd opened up the ANT interface, rather than producing yet more proprietary products. I shall have to investigate further.

ratherbeintobago

I had assumed that they'd opened up the ANT interface,

I didn't think Polar stuff used ANT+, hence the difficulty with power meters etc.

Andy

joemarshall
    Free Member

Oh, I had not looked too closely, I had assumed that they'd opened up the ANT interface, rather than producing yet more proprietary products. I shall have to investigate further.

There isn't an ant receiver on any current phones. There are a few bluetooth heart rate devices, most of which are very expensive, but this is talking about the polar for bluetooth belt, which is unknown price, as it appears to be impossible to buy currently.

RDL-82
    Free Member

the new version is looking good, shows promise, the only negative i've found so far is it no longer supports routes, i used to have my commute set as a route to compare times etc and these failed to import and the option is missing, hopefully it will return.

As for the Polar heart rate monitor, apparently you can get it from Polar direct if you ring and is about £48 of the top of my head, i'm on my phone at the minute, and the link/details are on the computer, will post the link later if anyones interested, i'm skint at the moment so have'nt tried ringing.

RDL-82
    Free Member

ok the price is apparently £43 for the Polar Bluetooth Heartrate monitor as supplied with the Nokia N79 sports version, and can be obtained by phoning 01926 310330.

Googling this number confirms it is for Polar UK.

The info has come from this thread HR Monitor
    now the guyhas only one post so make what you want of it, but worth looking into if you really want the heart rate function.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Sports Tracker Updated to V3’ is closed to new replies.