Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Sports Nutrition / Supplement bundles
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyone got any recomendations?

I’m thinking of going the whole hog and taking everything I can so a bundle looks like a cheap starting option.

iDave
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Was just looking at those 😆

BoardinBob

I use CNP Whey Protein and their recovery drink

The recovery drink is excellent and better than the SIS stuff I was using before

http://www.cnpprofessional.co.uk/

hilldodger
    Free Member

Would be nice if Zipvit actually listed ingredients instead of vague references to “specially formulated blends” – I’d never buy a product without knowing what was in it 🙁

Personally I’d just keep an eye on the Holland & Barrett website and stock up on energy bars/protein shakes when they have offers on…..

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Another Zipvit user here. All the products taste very nice, especially their energy bars and Electrolyte drink. The gels are quite thick and not easy to take with a dry throat.

USN Whey Protien too.

iDave
    Free Member

zipvit do list ingredients? click supplement facts on any product page and they’re there along with a breakdown of the dose per 100g etc.

schmiken

I prefer Maximuscle stuff. A little more pricey but tastes miles better than anything else I’ve ever used.

hilldodger
    Free Member

aaah got it, need to go to the individual ingredients of the bundle – thanks 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti… seriously.. can’t you just relax for a bit and smell the flowers?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ummm, no?

I am relaxed really Mol. I’m just interested in this stuff and how best to keep my energy levels up.

scratch
    Free Member

Allsports are doing 4 for 3 on Winter training fuel.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

I use Herbalife.

There is kinda 2 levels, they’ve just brought out the 24 stuff, which is aimed at the 24hrs of an athlete, and also some cheaper stuff.

H3o Isotonics, Lift off caffenie based, Quickspark Co enzyme 1 lozengers.

Leisure lakes + Herbalife Sponsored

Supplier

AndyP
    Free Member

I used the Zipvit stuff for a while. Bars are good, gels are decent (as long as you avoid the ‘natural orange’ flavour – sweet baby jesus and the orphans). But have had some wildly differing quality in drinks. out of 4 tubs (all same flavour) of ZV1 two were practically undrinkable.
    Moved onto CNP a while ago. Their stuff really does rock *and* tastes good. This is well worth a dabble, particularly at this price. clicky

Keva
    Free Member

I used to use that CNP stuff a few years ago but I don’t bother anymore. the only stuff I have occasionally these days is this:

http://www.pacificnutrition.co.uk/pacificnutritionshop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=208

it does a top job of killing a hangover too.

Kev

Kryton57

MyProtien do some killer deals…..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Why are there different bundles for cyclists / runners / triathletes??

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

*falls out of sick bed in shock* 😉 
    Nuun and honey stinger chews/bars for me. The gels can also be used in water for energy drink rather than as gel. Hoping they get here in time for my race season start! Did you check out the honey stinger link I sent you? 

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d stop short of ‘taking everything you can’ though. Carbs are the most importnat, followed by protein/carbs and possibly ribose after.. everytihng else is rapidly increasing cost and diminishing returns I reckon.

Having said that.. perhaps I should try HMB again now I am seeking more leg strength…

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

HMB?

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s meant to improve lean muscle building and strength. Torq recommend it. However it tastes so foul I can’t even begin to describe it, so best go for pills. However you do need quite a bit so that would translat eto a fair few large pills.

hilldodger
    Free Member

HMB?

?-Hydroxy ?-methylbutyric acid – amino acid metabolite used to enhance protein synthesis – not sure if it “works” in normally nourished people but is used (in some instances) in old people needing long term bed care to help reduce muscle wasting from prolonged inactivity…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hoping they get here in time for my race season start!

Doesn’t sound like a brand to depend on, even if Lance is involved.

Mol – when I say everything I possibly can I really mean an energy source for during and something for optimal recovery.

hilldodger
    Free Member

mol, I’d try taking BCAA rather than HMB, seems to be good evidence of their effectiveness and have heard positive reports from people trialling BCAA supps.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/136/2/529S.full.pdf

molgrips
    Free Member

Hd – I took it for ages, couldn’t tell any sort of effect. Hard to tell though, unscientific.

Changing my training has had a far greater effect!

Yeti – fair enough 🙂

hilldodger
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Changing my training has had a far greater effect!

😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mol – did I mention I ran a 5k without stopping in 22m 31 secs after a 50 mile bike ride yesterday?

FuzzyWuzzy

I had to stop buying Zipvit’s yoghurt, banana and blueberry recovery bar as err I didn’t used to wait until I ‘needed’ one :p
    I’m curious if their beetroot capsules are as good as drinking the stuff as seems a bit more convenient + their ZV Max pills seem to make some bold claims, if they’re as good as they claim I figure everyone needs to be taking them before a race…

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Sports Nutrition / Supplement bundles’ is closed to new replies.