Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Sports Direct – Base layers
  • craig24
    Free Member

I have a gift voucher I need to spend as they don’t do refunds 🙁

Anything cheap / decent worth a go?

zilog6128

I’ve got a lot of the Nike Pro Combat ones which they’ve been doing for years, not dirt cheap but very good. I see they do Under Armour now (online at least) which are also very good & I assume the Adidas ones at a similar price are good too (but not used them).

They also do some which are a lot cheaper e.g. Sondico but can’t comment on those.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you’re the outdoorsy type then Karimoor walking boots are much underated IMO.

£31 for a waterproof, breathable boot, £41 with a vibram sole.

tillydog
    Free Member

Sondico

Got a couple of Sondico base layers when they were a fiver each – wish I hadn’t bothered as they are as sweaty as hell.

Karimoor walking boots

The pair I had were great while they lasted, but disintegrated after < 6 months (sole coming off, bits coming un-stitched & generally falling apart.)

/bah humbug

theotherjonv

How much is your voucher for, I’m permanently in there for odds and sods for the kids – could take it off your hands if it’s transferrable?

matt_outandabout

Our Karrimor boots (bought elsewhere) also disintegrated in about 20 hill days use. They were the Vibram soled ones. 🙁

CraigW
    Free Member

I like their Campri branded base layers. Usually about £5 each. They feel quite warm, nice for cold days.

craig24
    Free Member

Cheers theotherjonv but I’ll probably just grab some base layers with it. Sounds like the cheap ones aren’t worth looking at then, I’ll look at the Nike and UA ones.

craig24
    Free Member

Thanks CraigW, I’ll have a look at them, only £5.50 in grey.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Well mine have been fine, maybe I just got lucky.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Anything cheap…

Yeap.

…/ decent worth a go?

Ah. That old chesnut.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Sports Direct – Base layers’ is closed to new replies.