Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sports car rental in Europe? (slightly bike related)
  • robertgray05
    Free Member

Hello STW

Thinking of a summer holiday – fly to Munich, out of Milan, with lots of stops for biking in between.

My wife is a bit of a car nut (as well as a bike nut) – and this is where I need help.

Any recommendations on how/where to hire a sports car for the driving? Not a Ferrari, but maybe a TT or similar? Can’t find anything with Avis/Europecar etc, and the supercar rental places are 300 EUR/day…

Cheers!

Bob

m0rk
    Free Member

Normally Hertz Prestige are there or there abouts. Sometimes with TT’s or 911’s on the list when I’ve picked up a Kia or A Class

Looking at the current fleet, it’s a bit less sexy with a bunch of large capacity diesel estates though

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I picked up a Merc E class convertible from Sixt car rental at Munich airport a couple of years ago for a road trip through Austria, Switzerland and via the Dolomites.
    It was meant to be a VW Eos but we got a free upgrade.
    Ok an E class isn’t a sports car but is was great for roof down cruising and got us there in ample comfort.Not sure what else they have on their fleet.

Cost was approx £300 for the week.

robertgray05
    Free Member

Hmm thanks – hadn’t seen ‘Hertz Prestige’ before – but yes all I can see is executive behemoths…

Surely there are some decent smaller rental companies that don’t charge the earth? If not, I may go live in Italy and start one…

withersea
    Free Member

Another recommendation for sixt, a good choice of fun cars and better value if you pay up front!

robertgray05
    Free Member

Thanks both – Sixt seems like the best shout so far. Scirocco’s and BMW 4/6 series etc.

andy8442
    Free Member

Try CarHire3000. They are a good value middleman for all the big companies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sports car rental in Europe? (slightly bike related)’ is closed to new replies.