Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sportchief Saddlecloth Aquatex Jacket – any experiences???
  • rkk01
    Free Member

Have heard good things about these Canadian jackets…
    (OT – non riding 😉 )

Anyone tried one?

hairybiker84
    Free Member

Bought jacket and trousers when I lived in Canada so have had them for 10+ years. Absolutely excellent, comfortable in most of the conditions I’ve been out in, never seem to get ‘soggy’ inside from sweat, on the few occasions the jacket and trousers have got wet inside from having the zip open or sitting in water they’re still comfortable and don’t feel wet. Only proviso is that they are warm and it needs to be pretty chilly for them to be comfortable. With my kit (which has some ‘waffle’ pattern inside so seems to be insulated anyway) you never need the linings in the trousers if you’re moving about and it’s got to be in the minus’ for the jacket lining to be needed (but I tend to wear a fleece underneath anyway).
    Realistically, less than 10C if moving around to be comfy.
    Hood design on the jacket not the best, difficult to close it up in driving wind and rain. Collar seems to be designed for red-necks and needs a scarf to keep out draughts!
    Highly recommended I’d say.

rkk01
    Free Member

Ta…!

Always impressed by the answers you can get on here.
    Your views pretty much tally with what else I’ve heard.

I get the impression that they are fairly hard wearing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sportchief Saddlecloth Aquatex Jacket – any experiences???’ is closed to new replies.