• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by mos.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sport relief bike ride and spd's! Bad idea
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Did any of the training they did involve the correct dismount method whilst using spd's! So far I'm thinking not! 🙂

grahamt1980

Thought david walliams had nutted that wall on the kirkstone pass, painful

rOcKeTdOg

fair play to them, i wouldn't want to ride a skinny tyred bike on snowy scottish roads at -15

them Dolan's look well nice

wrightyson
    Free Member

He just stopped didn't look like he'd even got the energy to click out!

jamesy01
    Free Member

Any one else feel jimmy carr was a waste of time and only there for his own publicity?

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

so are you telling me that Fearne is somewhere lying stranded in a ditch attached to a bike

puts down glass of wine

picks up car keys

….

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

I think SPds was a good idea, try walking up a hill in road shoes and cleats……

thumbie
    Free Member

Jamesy01 Any one else feel jimmy carr was a waste of time and only there for his own publicity?

…absolutely…not much else to say really…apart from a flippin good effort from everyone else.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Was it Jimmy Carr that said.. "I could have gone to Beijing.. but i wasnt given a bike aged three nor performance enhancing drugs" ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

He is funny tho!!

njee20
    Free Member

Yeah I'm a big fan of his, but I thought he come over as a bit of a cock in the programme last night!

Fair play to them for carrying on in that weather though, I wouldn't have fancied that. Walliams on Kirkstone Pass looked pretty nasty!

tracknicko
    Free Member

With the exception of kielty, davina, and walliams (for his snow riding) i was pretty shocked by how crap/unfit/suprised that it would be an effort they all were.

failing to maintain a 13mph average speed on a road bike is pretty toss.

IMO it shows pretty well the state of the average adult on our fair isle…

not good.

njee20
    Free Member

failing to maintain a 13mph average speed on a road bike is pretty toss.

+1

I've been saying this all along, it's unlikely to encourage people onto bikes, portraying it as being that difficult! As they all did sports testing it's a shame they didn't give the results, would have been interesting to know VO2max and power thresholds for each of them!

tracknicko
    Free Member

yeh im sorry, i know its mean spirited of me… but if you dont get on a bike for more than 8 miles before attempting something like this then you are an idiot.

was impressed with the motivational coach guy (same guy that helped eddie izzard IIRC) if it had been me riding alongside 'celebs' that hadnt bothered to put in even an hour's practice i would have found myself kicking them.

even more impressed that he rode alongside fern cotton for more than an hour with out clocking the stupid bint.

wrightyson
    Free Member

+1 track nico!

imn

Anyone else spot the random pixelation of the Dolan logos? There were a few shots where the bike nearest camera was fuzzified yet the one further away wasn't. Why?

beinbhan

I think it was because to coach/trainer guy was riding his own bike that wasn't a Dolan

mos

I thought the Blue Peter girl kayaking the length of the Amazon for sport relief was a better story.
    Although i don't know how much she rasied nor how much the whole thing cost to do.
    Nicer than F.Cotton too, OMG, Mumatron, blah blah blah, shut up love and don't try and talk with yer mouth full.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sport relief bike ride and spd's! Bad idea’ is closed to new replies.