Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Sport & nutrition
  • Munqe-chick
    Free Member

So I had my tea last night around 6pm some lovely pasta with sausages and spicy tomato sauce, went swimming from 8-9pm with tri club which was brilliant. Get home about 930pm shattered ready for bed but starving, what do you eat at that time of night? that’ll also allow you to sleep? any suggestions? I find this happens a lot with my exercising as it’s last thing at night before bed!
    Thanks in advance.

beej

At 11pm last night I had a hot cross bun. Slept like a log.

druidh
    Free Member

I can eat anything – it doesn’t keep me awake. I’d probably opt for something simple like cheese on toast but how about Horlicks?

iDave
    Free Member

if I know the hunger will stop me sleeping I have a hard boiled egg, or a few slices of ham and 1/2 pint of cold water

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

some interesting suggestions, I’ve tried the water one and it won’t work as it’s proper hunger normally from decent workout rather than one I can stave/fend off! Would love cheese on toast, but cheese bad for my sinuses and allergies, like the Horlicks idea though 😉 hadn’t thought of that!

Drac

A few slices of ham and a water, blimey I’d never fill up on that.

That said I’m skinny and have to eat loads or I feel ill.

This was what I had for brunch the other day, not long after I had my breakfast and a couple of hours before my lunch. I was still pretty hungry after.

iDave
    Free Member

no one is on about ‘filling up’, it’s about a late night snack that kills gremlins.

Drac

True but that won’t do it for me still.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

As iDave said, plus that breakfast looks rank to be fair!!! Not a fan, it’s more cake and crisp are my weakness but not at that time of night 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

plus that breakfast looks rank to be fair!!!

+1

That looks **** hideous, were you at the little chef?.

Raindog
    Free Member

I take it you took the picture so you had something to show them at A+E ?

Drac

It was bloody lovely, Little Chef? No way not with that size portion there’s a clue in the pic.

Teasing work mates Raindog, I was doing support work for something so took an early break as it was a quiet spell.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Served by the NHS trust ? They trying to save on pensions ?

Drac

Stroke admissions must be down.

wallop

I’d have a few slices of turkey. Some nice lean protein with a bit of tryptophan thrown in for good measure.

saleem
    Free Member

I can’t believe you were for going to bed at that time never mind starving.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Porridge made with water.Add pinch of salt,milk and honey to taste.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Saleem are you saying you can’t believe I went to bed at 2130?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Sport & nutrition’ is closed to new replies.