Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Spooks
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nearly time for it all to end.

Houns

They will leave it on a cliff hanger with us not knowing if Harry is dead or not

50p on it

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seriously, I will miss Spooks, say what you want.

Houns

I’m sure it’ll be back

Zoolander
    Free Member

Damn fine program. Last (in the series) of strike back tonight too.

CHB

Only thing on TV that I never miss. Shame the last series is not so good, but tonight has fast jets n radar so it must be good!

Houns

Also been enjoying strike back (of course not for the nudity, oh no)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Most disappointing bit of telly in ages, this series. Disappeared so far up it’s own arse its come back out of it’s own mouth and forgotten who it is anymore.

Done far too seriously. I mean, in something with so much far fetched nonsense in it, it really needs a bit of humour to give it a bit of life, but it’s so stilted and devoid of any real humanity imo. Tries so hard to be ‘clever’, that it’s lost sight of the fact that it’s sposed to be a bit of Sunday night teletainment.

Just as well it’s being killed off really. It died ages ago. Shooduv had a ‘do not resuscitate’ sign bunged on it about two series ago tbh.

It’s never bin great, but this series I’ve nodded off during just about every episode. Hopefull some jets and splosions will keep me awake! 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just saw the synopsis of it on the telly guide, laughed at the sheer preposterousness of it and decided to try Air America instead as at least Mel Gibson is pre being a mentalist in it.

spacemonkey

Used to be semi-watchable in the days of old, but has long since been just plain shit.

Watching Part 3 of Hidden. Cracking little thriller so far.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Erm, why no CPR? They didn’t even try 😯

iDave
    Free Member

that was rubbish

postierich
    Free Member

seconded!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Still better than Downton

Houns

Agreed, poor ending, but good to see Tom

It has to come back for another series

sam_underhill

Tom & Harry in a spin off series?

Houns

Talk of a movie

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

“Outside agency…” 🙂

CHB

Strikeback finale will have to wait till tomorrow.
    Really didn’t think spooks would end like that.
    Second the DNR status. The formula and style of spooks was cutting edge in 2002, now we need a new series with a new name.
    Spooks aged well, but any 9 year old series will look dated in time.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It was crap.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Even 24 got silly towards the end, when they pushed the boundary too far of what is/would be physically & technologically possible.
    Didn’t stop us watching each week though! 😉

CountZero

I lost interest two series back. I agree that it’s been far too serious, it needed a bit of humour in it. It’s why I like a lot of American series like NCIS, Rizzoli and Isles, Bones, etc, there’s always humour mixed in to lighten things up even in the really dark storylines.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What a waste of time and money Spooks has become. Glad they’re killing it off. Maybe now the BBC can invest in something decent. Which at the moment, seems to be coming from the US of all places. Loads of great thriller/crime type stuff from there. CSI, NCIS, 24, Law and Order, Justified, too many to mention in fact. Spooks is piss poor by comparison to most of them; poorly written, daft storylines, far too much cultural stereotyping, poor scripts, poor characterisation, crap acting and just no sense of believability in any of it. Embarrassing tbh.

Enjoying ‘Hidden’ atm. Quite dark, yet not without a touch of humour and far more ‘real’ characters.

Body Farm is interesting too. Like a British CSI type thing. Decent amount of repulsive stuff in it. 🙂

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Well that’s the first time i’ve heard anyone in the UK call CSI good!

jimster
    Free Member

Well, that’s another hour wasted!!

What utter and complete drivel!!!! Is it me or are our “Spooks” utter and complete emotional cripples!!!

mashiehood
    Free Member

the most disappointing bit if telly i have seen for a long time, no CPR and ruth being stabbed by a half inch shard, the purse string must have been welded together or most of the money was spent on 4×4’s! rubbish.

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 to Hidden actually being good. Liked The Shadow Line earlier in the year too.

fisha
    Free Member

hideen has been brilliant

spooks ending was ok – but they should have closed out by harry leaving.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

that was crap!

the highlight was the old spook coming back to pop the russian leader guy off.

the last series actors were crap, it went donwhill after series 8, lucas was the best.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s never bin great, but this series I’ve nodded off during just about every episode.

Fred, why’d you watch it then?. You really post some strange stuff at times.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, I used to enjoy it so watched in the folorn hope the next episode would be better. 🙁

Bit like a gambler continuing to put more and more coins in the machine.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Spooks’ is closed to new replies.