Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • spontaneous breaking stuff
  • joemarshall
    Free Member

My front dérailleur spontaneously self destructed (spring snapped) in my shed at some point in the last 5 days, I'm guessing something to do with the cold weather?

I've also had a puncture once a couple of years back where I put the bike in the shed, it was fine, tyres were up, took it out again next day, flat as a pancake, and wouldn't pump up at all, tube had about an inch gash in it.

Anyone have an explanation for these occurrences? Is my shed cursed?

Joe

wwaswas

I ride your bikes when you're out, sorry.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tis the work of the devil Joe, I tell thee.

cxi
    Free Member

Your shed must be like my garage.

I put my Trance 2 away after a ride, having had no mechanical problems. Next time I got it out, the spring in the XT rear mech had snapped / unhooked, so the rear mech was dead.

freeform5spot
    Free Member

My front ring on my singlespeed snapped and bent in half on the ride back a few days ago.

never seen that before…

joemarshall
    Free Member

While I am moaning – it appears you can't just buy the springs either, thanks to the cunning way they are riveted into the derailleur body – 23 bloody quid for a broken spring, how wrong is that?

Joe

Olly
    Free Member

simalarly wrong as replacing a chain that has "worn out" when its lost possibly 1% of its mass,at the most?

DT78
    Free Member

In my student days, half way through the night my DH bikes slime filled inner tube decided to explode. Made the girl I had brought home jump 🙂

joemarshall
    Free Member

simalarly wrong as replacing a chain that has "worn out" when its lost possibly 1% of its mass,at the most?

But that has lost 1% of its mass from all over it, in loads of different places, not just one simple part that would be dead easy to replace if they just made it slightly differently.

Joe

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘spontaneous breaking stuff’ is closed to new replies.